• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Switched to Legend Oil

that just a very intelligent answer? You should meet the owner of legend, areospace engineer, chemical engineer, snowmobile engine builder for 25 years! Is your redline oil synthetic? If So you should learn that the synthetc molecule does not burn!
IF its not combusting than its eventually going to cause blow by due to the glazing of the unburnt oil. I am not saying LEGEND IS THE BEST, THERE IS JUST NOTHING BETTER?

hmmm...Polaris has those engineers...still had crank problems a couple years back...the space shuttle had them engineers...still blew up a few years back...toyota had them engineers..well we all know that story..i don;t give a crap about a synthetic molecule burning or not...its the gas i want to burn..the sleds have been doing not bad for the past seventy years on compression etc...so Legend comes into the picture in the last year to save a ship that is still floating..??...regardless...engineer this...engineer that..the best fixes for sleds and aftermarket stuff i have seen have come from beer drinking redneck sledders with a passion...

"the space shuttle had them engineers...still blew up a few years back...toyota had them engineers..well we all know that story"

WOW you do have a passion. Are you the redneck sledder you were talking about? In two stroke motors the OIL & THE GAS ACTUALLY BURN! BUT AT LEAST YOU GOT ONE OF THEM RIGHT. LOL

What's a gallon of this legend stuff cost?

I HAVE ONLY BOUGHT CASES, but pm QRIEFF or Skilaxn they are the dealers I buy from, But I do know its around 3-5$ cheaper than apv, ves gold or whatever the best sled co. oils. maybe 37 gallon for the SR and 33 for the R.

Is your redline oil synthetic? If So you should learn that the synthetc molecule does not burn!
IF its not combusting than its eventually going to cause blow by due to the glazing of the unburnt oil.

" In two stroke motors the OIL & THE GAS ACTUALLY BURN! BUT AT LEAST YOU GOT ONE OF THEM RIGHT. LOL

make up your mind...???...you say it doesn;t burn...now you say it burns...i say i don;t give a crap..like i said i just want the gas to burn...as long as my sled smell fine,runs fine, and the cylinders and pistons and rings and compression stays fine for a great running motor...then i will stick with that oil...and the Redline has treated me well..!!

Last edited:
ps...there is also alot of engine buiders with 25 years experience who swear by syn oils and only state a mineral oil necessary for breakin...so why are these guys any less qualified then your guy..??

I am still on my first tank of it but so far I can definitely tell a difference in acceleration, throttle response, and just overall power. I also think that it made the sleds run quieter,

all those things are just impossible, there is no magic snake oil that can do all those things, just my 2c, but I work in the power industry and if I could put magic oil in my Turbines and make free power I would, every plant would, just not going to happen, sorry

make up your mind...???...you say it doesn;t burn...now you say it burns...i say i don;t give a crap..like i said i just want the gas to burn...as long as my sled smell fine,runs fine, and the cylinders and pistons and rings and compression stays fine for a great running motor...then i will stick with that oil...and the Redline has treated me well..!!

First off what i said was if redline is synthetic you should reconsider. Legend is not fully synthetic.

second what you said above is what you should of said, i cant disagree with someone liking certain products. If it has been good then thats all that matters. I do know that I have heard good things about redline and anything is better that APV.

First off what i said was if redline is synthetic you should reconsider. Legend is not fully synthetic.

second what you said above is what you should of said, i cant disagree with someone liking certain products. If it has been good then thats all that matters. I do know that I have heard good things about redline and anything is better that APV.

ok..peace then..best wishes and a safe season

I HAVE ONLY BOUGHT CASES, but pm QRIEFF or Skilaxn they are the dealers I buy from, But I do know its around 3-5$ cheaper than apv, ves gold or whatever the best sled co. oils. maybe 37 gallon for the SR and 33 for the R.

that is the same price I pay for Redline or VES gold, where is the savings

This is absolutely ridiculous.

For one, a bash on engineering is bullsh*t. How can people say negative things about engineers pertaining engines, spaceships, etc? If it weren't for engineers, there would be NO SUCH thing as a snowmobile for us to ride. Do you think some "redneck with a passion" could design an engine from the ground up? Every single part of an engines operation is SOO much more complex than people know. People make mistakes. That's why there is problems with Polaris 800's and the shuttle like you say. "Rednecks with a passion" never make mistakes?

That being said, I know a lot of engineers that can do all the math and science but can't tie there own shoes(figuratively speaking.) I completely agree that you can't do anything unless you know how it works in the real world. I'm a junior attending a highly accredited university studying mechanical engineering. I come from a background similar to many of you on here that believe in the "redneck" ways. I decided to take my smarts and do something constructive with it.

Me being in college, and talking to Mark about the science, I can tell you that the guy knows his stuff. He's stopped putting a ton of money into his 2-stroke technology and started doing 4-stroke oils now. And recently he started researching hydrogen powered engines. The guy knows his stuff, plain and simple.

If the molecules of Legend oil are combustible and synthetics are not, then without a doubt, that the oil that is combustible will give you better throttle response and smoother running engine. Plain and simple.

I'm not saying that my M7 turned into a torque monster and is a totally different sled running the legend oil. I noticed SLIGHTLY better throttle response and smoother idling. That is ALL.

I'm not saying that my M7 turned into a torque monster and is a totally different sled running the legend oil. I noticed SLIGHTLY better throttle response and smoother idling. That is ALL.

and I am saying that is impossible, there is no magic oil that can do those things, burn cleaner yes, the rest, I just have to much practical experience to believe it, sorry

all those things are just impossible, there is no magic snake oil that can do all those things, just my 2c, but I work in the power industry and if I could put magic oil in my Turbines and make free power I would, every plant would, just not going to happen, sorry

Comparing lubricants for turbines in power plants and a 2-stroke engine oils is pretty stupid.

Each and every specialty oil and lubricant has many different properties for a given application. Oils may look and feel roughly the same to you and me but their performance under high heat, high loads, etc, etc is totally different. TOTALLY.

and I am saying that is impossible, there is no magic oil that can do those things, burn cleaner yes, the rest, I just have to much practical experience to believe it, sorry

Fair enough. I would like to leave it at that. Crazy how defensive people can get, including myself.

??

I wish I would never see another one of these ridiculous oil threads again. I also wish SnoWest would ban the phrases "the best" and "huge difference". Good for you if your oil is "the best" and you notice a "huge difference" I have some magnets to put on your gas line to polarize your gas if you need them. They have been specially "engineered" to stick to aluminum also.

Last edited:
I wish I would never see another one of these ridiculous oil threads again. I also wish SnoWest would ban the phrases "the best" and "huge difference". Good for you if your oil is "the best" and you notice a "huge difference" I have some magnets to put on your gas line to polarize your gas if you need them.

ooh please don't bring up those magnets:party:

I am the legend oil dealer that elvis1280 mentioned above. I have been following this thread. I have found over the years that if somebody has a passion for something that your better off just to let them talk about what they think and leave it at that.
For those of you that would like to try Legend oil you can go to www.qcperformanceonline.com and place an order.
For more information about legend oil you can go to http://legendperformance.com/products_zx2sr.asp
There is alot of info to read about.
Thanks for everybodys opinion on oil.

I am not trying to "re-stir" the pot with this post, but in response to Dam Daves comment about there is no magic oil that can get you more power. This is 100% correct. HOWEVER, there ARE oils that will give you less power by gumming up exhaust valves and leaving residues on mechanical components. All that is being claimed is that legend oil seems to be very good at reducing the amount of lost energy due to burning oil. It can be looked at this way, a given amount of fuel is capable of producing a certain amount of power. If an oil does not burn completely inside the cylinder, it leaves residue and creates friction that will inhibit the combusted fuel from reaching its maximum power output. The fact that legend (and possibly other high quality oils) burn the oil more completely allows for the full potential of the fuel to be utilized.

Premium Features

Back