• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sunday ride anyone?

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
OK, I just checked the snotel and there is over 3' at atigun pass in the brooks range. I know it might be a long drive but if anyone is interested it will probably be worth it.

I am in fairbanks and have a enclosed 4 place.

Let me know

Thanks

Evan

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
OK, I just checked the snotel and there is over 3' at atigun pass in the brooks range. I know it might be a long drive but if anyone is interested it will probably be worth it.

I am in fairbanks and have a enclosed 4 place.

Let me know

Thanks

Evan

I've got some dandy chutes picked out up there if they ever open north of Yukon to orv's! :D

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
is it really closed to sleds? That whole region is mostly only winter trail access.

I've never been up there but it would be fun to check it out

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Unfortunately :

"Alaska Statute Sec. 19.40.210 prohibits the use of off-road vehicles on land within five miles of the right-of-way of the Dalton Highway north of the Yukon River, except for persons who hold a mining claim in the vicinity of the highway and who must use land within five miles of the right-of-way to gain access to the mining claim. This means that the only legal use of off-road vehicles is by miners. However, miners using these vehicles may not carry game, hunters or their gear."

The enviro nazi's won't let us ride up there.

I may try and take a drive up to eagle summit tomorrow and see if the trail off 12mile has any snow, eagles supposed to have 8" and radar showed precip up there today. Might have enough to at least take the edge off :p

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
Well that blows. So there is really no way to ride up there?

Anyways, a trail/road ride would be nice at least, I have to break in my new engine and make sure the jetting is right.

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Unfortunately :

"Alaska Statute Sec. 19.40.210 prohibits the use of off-road vehicles on land within five miles of the right-of-way of the Dalton Highway north of the Yukon River, except for persons who hold a mining claim in the vicinity of the highway and who must use land within five miles of the right-of-way to gain access to the mining claim. This means that the only legal use of off-road vehicles is by miners. However, miners using these vehicles may not carry game, hunters or their gear."

The enviro nazi's won't let us ride up there.

I may try and take a drive up to eagle summit tomorrow and see if the trail off 12mile has any snow, eagles supposed to have 8" and radar showed precip up there today. Might have enough to at least take the edge off :p

Eagle got around 6 in the other day. Might be some drifts to play on. My brother lives in Central maybe he can chime in.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Not quite enough snow yet.. :o

10-24001.jpg

10-24002.jpg

10-24003.jpg

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
sup MAG, yeah the road between here and Valdez is pretty much snowless, just a light dusting up in the pass as of yesterday evening. And it was raining as i came through:( nothing up at Eureka, but at least it was cold:D

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
just got done checkin the latest pics of the Turbo RMK, looks Badd Azzz:cool:

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Saw Shwee was almost human again, good to see she's back to normal:D 'almost human that is':rolleyes::beer;

Premium Features