• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

straightline single pipe

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I ran 10-70’s stock springs at 7400’. This was with the SPI pipe and Diamond S can. Also ran Stock can. Ran a 48-44 .36 helix. Sled only stumbled one time in 150 mi. This was due to me not letting the pipe warm up after a stop. We had a stocker stumble and noticed the pipe was rubbing on the cross member. Once we got it to not rub, it never stumbled again.

• Angry
Reactions: Lindquist
H
Mar 25, 2019
I ran 10-70’s stock springs at 7400’. This was with the SPI pipe and Diamond S can. Also ran Stock can. Ran a 48-44 .36 helix. Sled only stumbled one time in 150 mi. This was due to me not letting the pipe warm up after a stop. We had a stocker stumble and noticed the pipe was rubbing on the cross member. Once we got it to not rub, it never stumbled again.

Can you elaborate on the pipe rubbing on the cross member and performance issue do to this probleme, because i have noticed that my pipe was cuting threw the cross member and my sled stumbles now and then?

20200111_115012.jpg

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I think the vibration from the pipe directly to the frame is somehow affecting the DET sensor enough for a stumble, but not enough to throw a code. What pipe and can are you running that's making it saw through your crossmember?

Reactions: Prayn4snow

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I think the vibration from the pipe directly to the frame is somehow affecting the DET sensor enough for a stumble, but not enough to throw a code. What pipe and can are you running that's making it saw through your crossmember?
I would suspect the same thing. Also, most pipes have you add or remove spacer washers under the rubber pipe bumper to properly clearance the crossmember. Ive seen a couple that after the brand-new granite exhaust rings seat after some miles you "may" need to add one as well.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I would maybe argue that the helix is not the problem... could be, but I am running the same setup and elevation as him with the exception of an slp black/purple in the secondary. The ONLY time ive been able to make the sled burble or stumble is with a COLD pipe.

One thing I noticed is that neither of you are running the SPI can, I doubt it, but do wonder if this could be part of your problem?
I tried a 60/42.36 and it would fall on its face during throttle chop,
The engine will burble abit on a cold pipe, but after 30 seconds or so that effect goes away.

H
Mar 25, 2019

I have the stock pipe and can, but i did run the ggb "trail can" for a while, took that off and put the stock muffler back on. I have been having spark plug issues and suspecting possible detonation but never had an code. I will be adding some rubber to the pipe suport and fixing the crossmenber with jb weld

20200111_115127.jpg

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I just posted this on the can fit thread, but all you need to do is relocate the spring bracket that's on the end of your bumper mount. Punch a hole thru your bumper about an inch or so forward and use a new nut/bolt to attach the bracket for that spring to pull the pipe forward instead of back. Works great. Been running that way for several thousand miles. Some Polaris engineer must have been distracted that day.....

Reactions: HpPerformance

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I was skeptical that a shallow angle helix was causing issues for some of you... I tried TRS clutching with this pipe/can combo and had a pretty severe bottom end bog. This was running the helix in the 42 side... switched it to the 46 and it was significantly better, but still had an occasional stumble/bog.

I found with the TRS clutching that once I got past the bottom end bog the sled pulled like a freight train. I’m not the kind of guy who likes to tinker on the mountain, we drive 12-16 hours to ride a couple days, and I don’t want to be THAT GUY.... So I sold the pipe/can and will just be running TRS clutching. I felt like the gains from the clutching were considerably more noticeable than from the SPI pipe. I did have the SPI pipe running perfect with a 58-42 .36 helix.

I’ll finally be back out west this weekend to run TRS clutching with pro gears and stock exhaust. Looking forward to it.

M
Sep 13, 2009
also have my sled running perfect with with this pipe and the 58-42.36 helix, rode my buddys sled that is the exact same sled as mine but stock with a lil clutching and a can on it and compared it to mine.... i thought my buddys sled was an absolute dog, my sled had much more snap and low to mid range power, very happy with this set up, impresses me every day i ride it

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I have a few buddies that run the 58-42/36 helix and I switched sleds a bunch of times. That helix pulls good down low, but lacks the top end of the trs clutching big time.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

danby

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
mackenzie b.c canada
Hey guys, sorry to hijack. I have searched and can't really find much on what helix people are running. I have a khaos 850 with SLP can, blue pink primary spring, Magnum force weights and delrin washers in both clutches. I'm looking for a little more bottom end and midrange. Just wondering what people are running for a helix. I ride 3000'-6000'. Thanks for the input.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Hey guys, sorry to hijack. I have searched and can't really find much on what helix people are running. I have a khaos 850 with SLP can, blue pink primary spring, Magnum force weights and delrin washers in both clutches. I'm looking for a little more bottom end and midrange. Just wondering what people are running for a helix. I ride 3000'-6000'. Thanks for the input.
Contact trs on here, he'll get u sorted. On my stockers, I v run the mtx weights for years with stock springs and I like it's bottom to midrange power delivery, they load the heal to create load on the motor.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I have a few buddies that run the 58-42/36 helix and I switched sleds a bunch of times. That helix pulls good down low, but lacks the top end of the trs clutching big time.

Dmax, are u saying to use trs clutching with the pipe combo or saying trs clutching on a stocker is better than the spi pipe with the 58/42 helix?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Has trs come up with a clutching combo that works well with this pipe that shows even better results than the pure stock trs combo?
Iv been around the world with clutching and gearing with this pipe, every time that I go less than 62 deg, stiffer sec, pol style weights, I blow through the shift and stumble or over rev.
My bottom end and mid are good but if I could get a bit more top end I'd be happy.
I ride with a very good rider on a 2020 175 that's piped with a head and he's my biggest competitor, vs my 163 2.6 with spi pipe.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
No stock sled trs clutching, vs stock sled 58/42 helix, the trs sled out pulls by 3 sled lengths.

• Sad
Reactions: Dev600

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Is that 2020 175 an 850 poo? If so what pipe and head.?

Premium Features