• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

straightline single pipe

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Got my pipe on and was able to ride a couple days this weekend.

2019 155x2.6, 19.5 flash, ran in premium mode.

SPI pipe and can.
SLP blue/pink 140/340 in the primary
10-68s
SLP black/purple 160/240 in the secondary
58-42-.36
1 delrin
9500-10500’

Would pull 7900-8000 rpm most(95%) of the day. Would occasionally get an rpm fade down to 7600 or so when in super deep snow AND holding it wfo for extended periods. Actually surprised how much power it still makes at 7600. Clutches were both very hot. Primary would boil snow... but there was a real 3+ feet of fresh, and I was intentionally not being easy on it. No bogs over two days of riding, seemed to run really well. Didn’t have a stock 850 to compare with, but I think it had more snap and longer legs than before the pipe. Pulling 10 grams more than the 800 Axys with us.

I’m not a fan of how tight all the springs are. I ended up using M series y pipe springs. The bottom of the can isn’t super secure either, but I didn’t have any problems.

Thinking I am going to gear down before the next ride. Hoping it will help with clutch temps and rpm fade.
Got 4 days on the pipe this week. Same elevation, similar snow (deep), and the same clutching as the last ride other than dropping to 66 grams. Geared down this time. Pulled 8100-8150. No fade. Ran excellent. Clutches do run hot with this setup, but once again super deep conditions. I have around 250 miles with this setup, and 780 total miles on the original belt.

Did a drag race from a stop, up a long 15-20ish degree slope with 2-3ft fresh vs a stock 18 165x3 Doo 850, stock 17 Poo 800 163x3, and 16 Poo 800 155x2.6 with SLP pipe/can and Carls clutching. All sleds were fairly evenly matched out of the hole, after about 10 seconds I had 3-5 sled lengths on all the others and continued to slowly pull away.

I rode a stock 2020 850 some, and powerwise I didnt notice much of a difference. That said I’m happy with the pipe so far. No issues, and runs crisp.

Last edited:
S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Got 4 days on the pipe this week. Same elevation, similar snow (deep), and the same clutching as the last ride other than dropping to 66 grams. Geared down this time. Pulled 8100-8150. No fade. Ran excellent. Clutches do run hot with this setup, but once again super deep conditions. I have around 250 miles with this setup, and 780 total miles on the original belt.

Did a drag race from a stop, up a long 15-20ish degree slope with 2-3ft fresh vs a stock 18 165x3 Doo 850, stock 17 Poo 800 163x3, and 16 Poo 800 155x2.6 with SLP pipe/can and Carls clutching. All sleds were fairly evenly matched out of the hole, after about 10 seconds I had 3-5 sled lengths on all the others and continued to slowly pull away.

I rode a stock 2020 850 some, and powerwise I didnt notice much of a difference. That said I’m happy with the pipe so far. No issues, and runs crisp.
I was out yesterday in 2/3 feet , with 850 doos , experts and 175, they were impressed with my ground speed, the one guy said he tried to follow my lines and had to turn out, he asked me if I was heavily modded, I said clutching and gears lol.
These sleds are fast with the 2.6.
My current setup is
62/42, stock springs, 76.3 mtx and pro gears.
My best track speed yesterday was 51 mph minus the pro gears.
My belt was slipping in the sec but I'm gonna blame it on a worn out belt, I have no deflection adj left so tmro I'm riding with a new belt.
I got over a 1000 miles on my original belt.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Got my pipe on and was able to ride a couple days this weekend.

2019 155x2.6, 19.5 flash, ran in premium mode.

SPI pipe and can.
SLP blue/pink 140/340 in the primary
10-68s
SLP black/purple 160/240 in the secondary
58-42-.36
1 delrin
9500-10500’

Would pull 7900-8000 rpm most(95%) of the day. Would occasionally get an rpm fade down to 7600 or so when in super deep snow AND holding it wfo for extended periods. Actually surprised how much power it still makes at 7600. Clutches were both very hot. Primary would boil snow... but there was a real 3+ feet of fresh, and I was intentionally not being easy on it. No bogs over two days of riding, seemed to run really well. Didn’t have a stock 850 to compare with, but I think it had more snap and longer legs than before the pipe. Pulling 10 grams more than the 800 Axys with us.

I’m not a fan of how tight all the springs are. I ended up using M series y pipe springs. The bottom of the can isn’t super secure either, but I didn’t have any problems.

Thinking I am going to gear down before the next ride. Hoping it will help with clutch temps and rpm fade.
Still running the setup quoted above. 66 grams and geared down though.

Last I heard Tony is still waiting on helixes.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Still running the setup quoted above. 66 grams and geared down though.

Last I heard Tony is still waiting on helixes.

I'm gonna try the blk purple as well.
I'm supprised that your not blowing through the rpms with that light of clutching, I know your at 10 k feet vs my 6000 feet, but that's a huge difference, perhaps u need the 20 flash.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I'm gonna try the blk purple as well
I'm gonna try the blk purple as well.
I'm supprised that your not blowing through the rpms with that light of clutching, I know your at 10 k feet vs my 6000 feet, but that's a huge difference, perhaps u need the 20 flash.
IF you're running MTX weights you can knock 4 grams off, and another 4 since you are 4k lower... that would mean you would probably be pulling 68s at 10k for 7900-8100 RPM. I was running 8100 consistently, doesnt seem too far off ?‍♂️ The sled definitely runs pretty well, and I am little hesistant to run the 20 flash with this pipe beings it is leaner.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
IF you're running MTX weights you can knock 4 grams off, and another 4 since you are 4k lower... that would mean you would probably be pulling 68s at 10k for 7900-8100 RPM. I was running 8100 consistently, doesnt seem too far off ?‍♂️ The sled definitely runs pretty well, and I am little hesistant to run the 20 flash with this pipe beings it is leaner.

Your leaving lots of performance on the table with the 19.5 flash over the 20 flash.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Your leaving lots of performance on the table with the 19.5 flash over the 20 flash.
Lots? Bikeman dyno video shows like 1-2hp difference. Certainly don’t want to risk the motor for that kind of gain. Maybe I dont need to worry about it?

556DB36D-F032-4D82-9FD5-189616EF874C.jpeg

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
It runs so much better. Performance is not all about HP.
Like I said I rode a 20 and didn't notice much of a difference. I shouldn't be scared of the leaner fueling with the SPI pipe?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I would say only if you ride low altitude. Snobyrd rides Sicamous area with no problem with the 2020 flash and the pipe.
I rode tumbler during cmass, 3500 feet, had no issues but I did install 73.3 grm pol style weights to keep my rs down.

M
Sep 13, 2009
looking for some insight on maybe what some of you guys may have experienced..... rode in Cooke a couple weeks ago before they had good snow just to test this pipe out, 9k-10k feet, was also like 32 above... my current set up-
-19 850 163" with 19.5 flash
-spi pipe and ggb can ( cause thats what i had and didnt feel like buying another can)
-stock gearing
-primary- 66gm pol weights and blue pink spring ( at elevation was pulling right around that 8050+- rpm mark)
- secondary- stock spring, 58-42.36 helix and derlin washers
sled ran good on trail messing with the throttle and speed, got up on the mountain and when chopping on throttle and then going wot it would cough or cut out with no det codes, and it was doing it often! i then noticed my sled was on ethanol mode.... stopped sled, switched to non eth... it seemed to help alot but was still cutting out for a second when id go to pin it in a critical situation(almost like it was starved of fuel), not the time to be having that happen.... i did have some old fuel in it from last year, prolly like a quarter to a third of a tank and topped it off with fresh 91 non eth...... the next day we fuel up, put in about 6 gallons of fresh fuel, and sled ran much better and only cut out once or twice through the day, but we only rode for a couple hours..... so do you think my coughing and cutting out problem is from the bad fuel maybe? fuel mapping issue? not getting the pipe up to operating temp before mashing on the throttle( i would think for what i was doing it wouldve been hot enough)... do you guys have any ideas?
thanks for the read !

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
looking for some insight on maybe what some of you guys may have experienced..... rode in Cooke a couple weeks ago before they had good snow just to test this pipe out, 9k-10k feet, was also like 32 above... my current set up-
-19 850 163" with 19.5 flash
-spi pipe and ggb can ( cause thats what i had and didnt feel like buying another can)
-stock gearing
-primary- 66gm pol weights and blue pink spring ( at elevation was pulling right around that 8050+- rpm mark)
- secondary- stock spring, 58-42.36 helix and derlin washers
sled ran good on trail messing with the throttle and speed, got up on the mountain and when chopping on throttle and then going wot it would cough or cut out with no det codes, and it was doing it often! i then noticed my sled was on ethanol mode.... stopped sled, switched to non eth... it seemed to help alot but was still cutting out for a second when id go to pin it in a critical situation(almost like it was starved of fuel), not the time to be having that happen.... i did have some old fuel in it from last year, prolly like a quarter to a third of a tank and topped it off with fresh 91 non eth...... the next day we fuel up, put in about 6 gallons of fresh fuel, and sled ran much better and only cut out once or twice through the day, but we only rode for a couple hours..... so do you think my coughing and cutting out problem is from the bad fuel maybe? fuel mapping issue? not getting the pipe up to operating temp before mashing on the throttle( i would think for what i was doing it wouldve been hot enough)... do you guys have any ideas?
thanks for the read !
Your helix is not steep enough, I ride sicamous and I'm using a 62/42.40 with stock springs, 72 gr pol or 76.3 mtx.
The pipe makes great bottom end power and needs to be loaded.
I did run a blk purple sec spring today just to prevent belt slippage, and it run solid all day.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Your helix is not steep enough, I ride sicamous and I'm using a 62/42.40 with stock springs, 72 gr pol or 76.3 mtx.
The pipe makes great bottom end power and needs to be loaded.
I did run a blk purple sec spring today just to prevent belt slippage, and it run solid all day.
I would maybe argue that the helix is not the problem... could be, but I am running the same setup and elevation as him with the exception of an slp black/purple in the secondary. The ONLY time ive been able to make the sled burble or stumble is with a COLD pipe.

One thing I noticed is that neither of you are running the SPI can, I doubt it, but do wonder if this could be part of your problem?

Premium Features