• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

straightline single pipe

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
We have to remember that this pipe is only 7hp peak more on a good day ( so only 3hp or so to the track ). I had to remind myself of this while running it. The midrange hit around 7000 rpms and up is where you notice the difference. I have had zero codes or running issues. This was at 7400ft. Snobyrd, why did you gear back up?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
We have to remember that this pipe is only 7hp peak more on a good day ( so only 3hp or so to the track ). I had to remind myself of this while running it. The midrange hit around 7000 rpms and up is where you notice the difference. I have had zero codes or running issues. This was at 7400ft. Snobyrd, why did you gear back up?
I geared back up just to find a way to cheat more load on the bottom end.
I'm using the 62/42 but I think I can pull the 64/42, cause the odd time It will stumble. No one around me has a 64.
I liked the pro gearing, awsome bottom and midrange and perhaps I'll put them back in now that the snow is deep and heavy around here now.

• Love
Reactions: d1100t

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Anyone had issues with the pipe temp sensor going bad yet?

Not me personally, but someone i know well, who does extensive testing, got one from Straightline to test out on the 850. He said he went through 2 temp sensors in one short ride, and promptly sent itt back to them. It was a definite "thumbs down" on this. I am still waiting for SLP to get theirs tested and produced. It might be the one i try out myself :)

• Sad
Reactions: TRS

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Mine is for sale also in swap meet. My reason for selling is that I just need MORE power?. This might be from riding a turbo for many years.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Mine is for sale also in swap meet. My reason for selling is that I just need MORE power?. This might be from riding a turbo for many years.
This pipe on my sled has excellent power in the low/mid range and does make more power on the top end than stock, however no brand single or twin pipe or big bore 900 on the market is going to make the power of a turbo.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
This pipe on my sled has excellent power in the low/mid range and does make more power on the top end than stock, however no brand single or twin pipe or big bore 900 on the market is going to make the power of a turbo.
Robert, can you tell me your clutching details?

Premium Features