• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stolen Sled

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
That is great news and it is nice to see the good guys win. Now, you just need to catch the ba$tards..

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
Checked the sled over this morning and noticed a few minor things wrong. I am going to have it looked over to make sure everything is cool before I take it out riding this weekend. Thanks to Kyle at the polaris, arctic dealer in Eagle River for finding it and calling the cops. I will square up with you tomorrow when I bring in the sled!! :beer;:beer;:beer; I am findding out there are a lot of riders around where I live. Lets ride!!

D
Dec 4, 2007
You guys think catching the thieves with the sled will do anything?

At arctic man 2 years ago the people in the spot next to me were caught w/ a stolen firecat from anchorage. The owner is the one that saw it recognized his custom mods and the cops rolled up pretty fast with him, i thought they were coming after us for underage drinking.
Anyway the cops came up and were like who'se is this and who'se truck is it, the thief claimed it and his truck. He said, " I just bought it off someone in fairbanks" The cops said ok. He gave the sled back to the original owner and the cops were like that's all we can do and that was that, the thief had a pretty big smile on his face and continued partying.

Pretty obvious what happened, but apparently cops can't do **** anyway if they just say they bought it off someone else. I think if there were titles for sled's it would change quite a bit, don't have the title and it's stolen then your ****ed, easy as that. At least they could start doing it w/ new sleds.

I'm glad you found your sled though M8

Premium Features