• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stolen Sled

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
:mad:I had my sled stolen from my house in Eagle River last night. Please keep an eye out. It is am 07 Arctic Cat Snow Pro. It is orange, 153 inch track, has a boss seat, D&D can, VForce Reeds, Oxygen Sensor Gauge, and a Boondocker Box. Thanks

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
Wow, not good man! :mad:
Sorry to hear that. i'm in Chugiak, I'll keep an eye out for it. Did they ride off with it, load it on a trailer or what?
I am pretty sure they loaded it in a truck. They pulled my truck back about 20 feet to get it out. There was not a key in it, but I have herd it is pretty easy to start them up without one. I called and reported it stolen. I did not know that they take these kind of reports over the phone instead of sending an officer out. Man I am really pissed.:mad::mad:

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
That f'n sucks dude, the troopers are a joke unless it's a DUI or domestic they don't do chit.

Dec 2, 2008
sorry to hear that AK M8. I'll keep my eyes open... We sledders need to unite and do something about all things sleds getting stoled in the past 4-5 monthes. Its getting to the point that I'm about to set my sled up for a trap and see what happens !!!

If I find it, your sled will be returned to you with a possibly a couple fingers !!!

D

Double L

Nov 26, 2007
The PC
What are the last three digits on the vin#? I had my 04 skidoo 800 144 stolen at artic man in 2005. Every 04 that I see out riding or in the parking lot I always look at the last three digits hoping that it will be 281. Good luck.

W
Feb 27, 2008
wow sems like alot of sleds were getting stolen up north...guess we in the eagle river peters creek area are not immune.where about in e.r. do you live?just curious because i live in your area too.definetly keep an eye out around town.really sorry to hear this.

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
I am pretty sure they loaded it in a truck. They pulled my truck back about 20 feet to get it out. There was not a key in it, but I have herd it is pretty easy to start them up without one. I called and reported it stolen. I did not know that they take these kind of reports over the phone instead of sending an officer out. Man I am really pissed.:mad::mad:

Man that part right there pi$$es my off big time! If any of you fellow sledders are a trooper that can shed some light on this totally inadequate response, jump right in here!

It might be worthless, but at least they could show up to the scene to make the appearance that they are actually here to "Protect and Serve". They cannot ALL be too busy to respond.

1/2 of the problem is theives know that if they are not caught red-handed then the cops will do NOTHING!:mad::mad::mad:

W
Feb 27, 2008
absolutely ridgerat.theives know it too.unless they get caught red handed nothing will ever be done.i bet you if ak m8 caught them and pistol whipped every one of them the cops would be there in a heart beat...what a joke.sorry again about your sled akm8.

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
man im sorry to hear that it seems like a$$ holes stealing sleds his a huge problem up there. why dont the cops do much about it. all the sledders up there should get together and go talk to law enforcement and see if they will do like a bait sled or something and see if someone will try and nap it and bust them them. i know officers do it all the time with cars.

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
wow sems like alot of sleds were getting stolen up north...guess we in the eagle river peters creek area are not immune.where about in e.r. do you live?just curious because i live in your area too.definetly keep an eye out around town.really sorry to hear this.
I live across from Fred Meyer. I just got off the phone with the insurance person handling this. He told me that they are getting a lot of claims this year from Alaska, especially in the Anchorage bowl. He also informed me that there is a 21 day waiting period before they will settle out. There goes a month of riding not including the money I am out. Now I am REALLY pissed. I better not find the person who did this. It will be the last thing they ever steal. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Got your message this morning - that really sucks!! Especially knowing you have to wait at least three weeks for riding... I know that pain ;) I'm supposed to sit out all of February too - that puts me at almost 9 weeks of no riding (...if I listen lol)

We had two sleds & a trailer stolen from us here in Eagle River when I was a teenager. Found the trailer but the sleds never turned up. Sadly the police response hasn't improved in 20 years... we personally found the trailer and had to go to the station to get an officer to come with us to where they ditched it up by North Fork.

you should post the last 3 of the vin on here

Something for everyone to keep in mind ~ these guys are probably either going to trash it and leave it for dead in the middle of no where; try to part it out or sell it - so keep an eye out if you are in the market for an Arctic Cat or any parts on craigs list or other forums & shops. If they're dumb enough to steal it - they're dumb enough to try and sell it.

Premium Features