• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

startin' over....

Antlers is a cool old saloon http://www.waldenriverrock.com/home.aspx

I'll call Dave and see if he's got any deals.

hotub? that would seal-da-deal!!.......wow..see if we can split a 3-bed studioish thingy..

i may travel on fri if wife allows, if not i'm driving thru the storm sat morning and stayin till Sunday nite..super stoked!

working 3rd shift tonite, be back online after midnite...nap time!...ridin mesa tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Ray, We got about 6' overall since last Sat. Suns been out thelast 2 days, very warm, really setting up. Club was grooming last night. Cam deal still avail.?

i cant decide on a cam...never bought one..good ones seem to be above $275.. as far as the hosting, getting a run-around there too.....easiet thing would be to have your web-guru assist us...since they are hosting your website aleady, why wont they help?.....nap time!

6 feet?? 6' wow.......thats deep!

Friggen moron, sorry 6". I asked Ryan, but never heard back. I'm gonna call Powderhorn tomorrow and see what they have. The girls there luv us!

Friggen moron, sorry 6". I asked Ryan, but never heard back. I'm gonna call Powderhorn tomorrow and see what they have. The girls there luv us!

you should google your options, the dlink outdoor enclosure looks perfect for keeping the camera dry&warm, and clear but its just housing..$170each.....there's just so many cameras and options. Without a doghouse for unit, i'm afraid it'll be fogged up or worse all the time. As far as mounting to lodge, thats a 10min job...

Lots of options out there for webcams. I used to run one that took stills every hour, but not live streaming. You probably want a wireless, unless your mounting it within 15 or 20' of the PC. If you got the bandwidth you could go with HD, but that might be out of reach. Best Buy or similar should have what your after for under a 100 bucks.

my idea, poor one at that is: backhaul the snapshots to a web addy hosted in the city. The obvious way is to have the camera store to mark's pc at the lodge then ftp up to lodge.net, but he's not a pc guy so that route requires a lot of work from mark on a daily basis.

i pictured a hardwire cat5 from his router at the front door to a cam on the roof. pre-programming the camera to dump a snapshot over the route back to a hosted server via its own addy provider by host. No pc involved once its online..

make sense? would be a easy project for a HS kid..:laugh:

That's all way over my head Ray. I ran mine into the pc using USB and served it up to my weather station webpage via ftp. Still be running it if CSU hadn't turned off their modem pool. Plenty of freeware that will serve a webcam pretty simply, just need a website to serve it up to.

Oh, wow this sounds so easy, NOT! Is this greek you are speaking? I'm just gonna try and hire somebody. My plate is full up here as it is. Thanks Ray, i may run what I find past you once I get somebody up here.

my idea, poor one at that is: backhaul the snapshots to a web addy hosted in the city. The obvious way is to have the camera store to mark's pc at the lodge then ftp up to lodge.net, but he's not a pc guy so that route requires a lot of work from mark on a daily basis.

i pictured a hardwire cat5 from his router at the front door to a cam on the roof. pre-programming the camera to dump a snapshot over the route back to a hosted server via its own addy provider by host. No pc involved once its online..

make sense? would be a easy project for a HS kid..:laugh:

Premium Features

Back