• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Freestyle/Back Country Star Chris Burandt Joins Polaris

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
This is crazy!

One guy changes teams and look at the response it has got. Already 4 pages! Sure says something about how big of a role he plays in our sport.

Congrats Chris on the new ride! See you in Jan.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
its credibility issues...if someone pays me for years to say product A is the best and then someone else pays abit more to say product B is the best...even before much exposure to the new ride....well its credibility that has gone straight down the drain...and there is no...i repeat no argument that can be made opposite of what i state..its nothing personel...just fact and truth

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Yes it is true I asked Chris if he had a good poo dealer and he told me Yes with a big grin. It took me a total of about 30 Seconds to put that together.

I have no idea what cat is doing???? They would not even return Chris's calls or emails this summer. They act as if they have no plan unless it to loose as many die hard cat guy's and dealers as they can. I think they hired some new VP that sits in his chair and counts beans. All the other companies seem to be stepping up and helping in these tough time except one. It's sure good thing we have a solid product or cat would no longer be. Just look at the last 2 years major recalls from 2 of the 4 manufacture and constant breakdown and recalls and they still have loyal customers.

Just a quick comment on mmsports thoughts, but the BIGGEST reason i switched to Doo from Cat (and i've had 6 cats in 7 years now and convince my dad to buy another 5 in the same period of time) is because they're arrogance and flat out failure to take care of a customer (ME) that had a problem. Not only would Cat fail to return my calls, fail to warranty blown belts on sled with a warranty, but they encouraged their dealer network to suck even more than many of the dealers already do (no offense to the good ones like mmsports, CPC, etc). There's no question in my mind that the new M8 is going to be the sled to beat on the hill this year, but Cat lost a strong customer in me and valuable outspoken one at that. Now they are loosing on of their best marketing tools as well in Chris.

Hey, Cat pull your head out of your a$$ before you guys go TU. The economy sucks, and your customer service is even worse. There just not an excuse for that. That's purely a choice to be arrogant and foolish. You guys in TRF must be taking too many hints from the boys over at GM.

R
Nov 26, 2007
East Chester Idaho
Good for him, any time someone switches brands at that level it's going to hurt but Cat probably couldn't afford him any more. Polaris better have something to sell besides a hotshot rider in the next few years or it will be a waste of money- too many guys like me out there that couldn't be like Mike with an expensive pair of sneakers, couldn't nac nac a Honda, or backflip a Suzuki so we don't care what Chris rides. We'll ride what works for us and let the factories sell the "sled makes the rider" pitch to the young-dumb-and gullible kids.

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
Some of the ranting is unbelievable, it is just a different sled, who cares, if they paid me to ride I would ride any of my sleds for a living who cares which one, no matter what anyone says none of them suck, they are just different, but all of them fun to ride (kind of like some gals i know all different but.... sorry I digress) at any rate Chris can out ride everyone I know and good for him being able to make a living doing it, if Poo works a better deal for him then great and hopefully he can help Polaris in the future development of sleds, to make a better sled for all of us.

Dec 15, 2007
PA
This is about sponsorship and marketing! how many people think Jesse James is a sell out for being on TV etc. Hell he has his own line of work clothes at Walmart for christ sakes. Im sure alot of builders had stuff to say, but everyone of them wishes they were in his shoes, sellout or not. Anyone bought Burandts backcoutry vidoes? I did. Its a 30 min. vid promoting/marketing himself. Hell if you never go there and ride with him, he just got some of your hard earned money from you buying that video. He is marketing himself and doing a damn good job of it. Props to him for doing what we all wish we could do.

m8magicandmystery, You must be have no idea how business works. Hell theres not even a pic up yet of him riding a new sled and your acting like he just bashed everything he ever rode. Did you see the Burandts backcountry vol 99 and he said cats sucked? Snowest we have another Nostradamus among us.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
guess i can stop saving to fly out thier and ride with chris because i refuse to ride a polaris..looks like i dont have to buy his video next year either because the riding coverage i willbe getting will be without a doubt better than his.1 pissed off fan of burandts

The rant of a 7 y/o minus the foot stamping and snot running

Last edited:

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i think cat will be tits up by spring. hibberts semi is parked in his driveway so he must still be with cat.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
its credibility issues...if someone pays me for years to say product A is the best and then someone else pays abit more to say product B is the best...even before much exposure to the new ride....well its credibility that has gone straight down the drain...and there is no...i repeat no argument that can be made opposite of what i state..its nothing personel...just fact and truth

Are you telling me that before this move you think he was riding and "pimping" Arctic Cat because he felt they were the best? And him getting paid by Arctic Cat had nothing to do with it?

Seriously you had to have a clue that he was getting paid by Cat

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
This thread is getting dangerously close to going into the land of the lost. If the sheep and the critics keep bantering. I'll make it all go away.:cool:

We all have our opinions, I have mine and the herds have theirs. But the pointless posts and thread drift are annoying everybody.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Posting our opinions are what these forums are all about...... I mean, supposed to be about. I couldn't care less what sled he or any other rider rides. To threaten to lock yet another thread over posting opinions is getting old. Bashing, yes, opinions, leave it alone.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
same story different thread....blah blah blaah

look at me....pound my chest....head my warnings or else!!!!!!

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007
This is an exciting new chapter for all involved. The speculation is true with regard to Alpine Motor Sports, it will indeed be selling Polaris also. As indicated in Chris's press release the support structure in play will remain largely unchanged. With respect to the money anyone who knows Chris knows better, its about the people and the future, not the money. Regarding VOHK, this level of diversity will most certainly produce positive results that will no doubt transcend beyond brand.

I call B.S its always about the money. Not that I blame Burandt at all its a business decision. That I am sure every one else would of made, my self included. You have to take care of #1 because no one else will.

Premium Features