• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Freestyle/Back Country Star Chris Burandt Joins Polaris

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
bad news for polaris riders.......now they are absolutely out of excuses ;)

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
This is great news... now with Chris and Heston both on Polaris i wont be the minority when we go back down in January!

R
Feb 22, 2008
Spokane
Yes it is true I asked Chris if he had a good poo dealer and he told me Yes with a big grin. It took me a total of about 30 Seconds to put that together.

I have no idea what cat is doing???? They would not even return Chris's calls or emails this summer. They act as if they have no plan unless it to loose as many die hard cat guy's and dealers as they can. I think they hired some new VP that sits in his chair and counts beans. All the other companies seem to be stepping up and helping in these tough time except one. It's sure good thing we have a solid product or cat would no longer be. Just look at the last 2 years major recalls from 2 of the 4 manufacture and constant breakdown and recalls and they still have loyal customers.

Thru the the grapevine I've heard that dealing with Artic Cat corporate is a nightmare. They really dont seem to care to help the dealers or riders....Um....that is your client base.....duh! Peeps seeing a rider like Chris take those sleds ANYWHERE is the biggest selling point there is. AND Chris has a business to run and family to support....so yes....obviously AC didnt pony up and POO did. Any business owner knows that you constanty have "suppliers" competing for your business all the time....the best deal usually wins.... Burandt may still thnk AC is the stuff....but if they arent gonna help him move his business forward...then he'll ride something else.
Just the way it goes........

H
Mar 8, 2008
Fort Collins
$$$ talks!!

All he ever talks about is Arctic Cat, pretty crazy that they didn't pony up for him. This will for sure hurt AC, hell there's almost NO AC dealers in CO anymore. Sure makes it hard for all the AC riders in CO to find parts or anything for an AC. Maybe AC won't be around much longer?? Who knows???

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
:eek: It'll be nice to see more poo's on film. :D

Agreed!:D:D Especially with someone of his skill set behind the throttle:eek::D

"All I can say is that I truly feel the RMK has the ability to take me and my customers into areas where very few if any have dared to venture! I can’t wait for the deep stuff!"

Really...Really

I'm a Polaris Die Hard for sure, but I about fell over when I read that coming from him!

:D:D:D

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Everybody needs to remember that snowmobiling is a business to him. If cat is dropping the ball Chris has to do whats best for his family.

He is such a great rider it wont matter what sled he is riding.Whatever he is on will look like it's the best to have.Polaris is very smart to go with him.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
Good for Chris, I wish I had the talent to be able to make a (very good) living riding.

This appears to be yet another example of 'cat making poor decisions. I have no issues with their sleds, but it sure appears that they don't put a lot of value in good dealers. There are going to be poor dealers for every brand, somewhere. The closest dealer to me sells Yamaha, Cat, and Polaris. The folks behind the counter are nice, and they have a nice attitude, but the management/ownership approach sucks. The next 2 closest dealers sell Polaris, so I went that way when I looked for my next sled.

Like others have said, all the mfgrs have good products, they may have different subtleties, but each has pros, and cons. I'm not brand loyal, unless a brand is going to be loyal to me. I will be dealer loyal, though, as they are the folks we deal with.

With the population density that we have here in W. Wa, and the proximity to riding areas, I would figure there would be more pressure to have more quality cat dealers.

PE

C

Comp 670

Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
That is for sure where Cat is lacking.... They have run all their good dealers out of business. I live 1 mile from a big cat dealer(The same one Polar Express is prob talking about) and I won't even buy oil from them because they are CLUELESS!! I drive 60 miles away to get to a dealer that knows what is going on and actually cares about service AFTER the sale.

Dealing with Cat for the last 5 years shows me why Chris changed brands....I hope Cat starts getting some REAL snowmobilers in upper management and turns things around.I like their sleds,just dont like how they do business..

Last edited:

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
actually i don;t know how you can believe a person at all...its not him talking...its the money making him talk and walk...saddly he has lost his identity...he is just close to being washed up and grabbing the dollars...nothing wrong with that...but it doesn;t have to have respect..its just survival with money as his "god" and not truth...and this is desperation on the part of Polaris as well..Cat knows that their sleds will and can speak for themselves...its Polaris trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat..so they found a sled whore for there magic rabbit..all we got here is just someone pimping their ride and guess who the whore is..

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
so because chris gets a free ride now from polaris instead of arctic cat he has lost his identity, what ever your smoking you should start selling it, bcuz it must be some REALLY good chit.

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
Its not some kind of a Brand-bashing contest here... If an opportunity knocks and you can make more money and be able to take better care of his family who wouldn't jump on it. I would...
No matter what it is? doesn't mean he left because cat was not as good as Polaris like some would like to believe in here. or maybe doo's will give him more money next year then he'll jump all over that too. its all about the money not the machine....

O

OLD GOAT

Nov 26, 2007
Lyons, Colorado
Chris is a great guy and I'm sure he will figure out how to take a Dragon anywhere an M8 can go! The exec's at Cat are morons! He gave them a chance to match the Polaris deal & they turned their backs on him. It is just a fun sport to us, but it is a career to him. You have to move on to the best deal for your career! Good luck Chris !!!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Is that what this sport is going to turn into? Who can flip who for the most cash? Next thing you know snowmobiling is going to be full of a bunch of cocky, spoiled rotten prima donas who expect everybody to cater to them and kiss their azzes every time they turn a corner. I hope Chris does not go down that path, for his sake and his families' sake.

The sport does not need the likes of the Flying Tomato and others like him. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing Chris in any way or form. I just think I see the writing on the wall.

You've got to take care of #1 first. You can't blame a guy for getting paid in a sport we all love to do. It's not like he signed with snow scoot. Polaris is certainly respectable and has great product lineup.

I see no problem with a guy going to another brand. We don't know the full story, there was certainly money involved and we don't know what/if Cat offered.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
Yes it is true I asked Chris if he had a good poo dealer and he told me Yes with a big grin. It took me a total of about 30 Seconds to put that together.

I have no idea what cat is doing???? They would not even return Chris's calls or emails this summer. They act as if they have no plan unless it to loose as many die hard cat guy's and dealers as they can. I think they hired some new VP that sits in his chair and counts beans. All the other companies seem to be stepping up and helping in these tough time except one. It's sure good thing we have a solid product or cat would no longer be. Just look at the last 2 years major recalls from 2 of the 4 manufacture and constant breakdown and recalls and they still have loyal customers.

Cat wouldn't even return his calls and e-mails??? WTF??? LOL

That there is some crazy info!! I heard that Burandt and Bret Rasmussen weren't even going to get free sleds this year from Cat and they would have to buy them, is this also true?? You would be the man to know seems show you talk to Bret every now and then!!

Premium Features