• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Freestyle/Back Country Star Chris Burandt Joins Polaris

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
actually i don;t know how you can believe a person at all...its not him talking...its the money making him talk and walk...saddly he has lost his identity...he is just close to being washed up and grabbing the dollars...nothing wrong with that...but it doesn;t have to have respect..its just survival with money as his "god" and not truth...and this is desperation on the part of Polaris as well..Cat knows that their sleds will and can speak for themselves...its Polaris trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat..so they found a sled whore for there magic rabbit..all we got here is just someone pimping their ride and guess who the whore is..

:confused: WTF?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
m8magicandmystery,

You have obviously never met Chris nor taken the time to learn what this man is about...

If you did...you would know that Chris is a simple person in his needs, he is a good family man and one of the most articulate Ambassadors this sport has.

Regardless of what sled he rides he will continue to keep these values and press on being who he is... Polaris recognized that .... VERY few will know the inner workings of his life, but those fortunate enough to be let in know the difference from the bile you just typed...how can you say that about this guy??

He is FAR from being washed up... in fact, he is on his upswing... gaining wisdom and momentum in his riding and refining what he does.... Good to see another sledder, for me, making a living at what he does.

Too bad you feel you have to beat him down for it.

Originally Posted by m8magicandmystery View Post
actually i don;t know how you can believe a person at all...its not him talking...its the money making him talk and walk...saddly he has lost his identity...he is just close to being washed up and grabbing the dollars...nothing wrong with that...but it doesn;t have to have respect..its just survival with money as his "god" and not truth...and this is desperation on the part of Polaris as well..Cat knows that their sleds will and can speak for themselves...its Polaris trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat..so they found a sled whore for there magic rabbit..all we got here is just someone pimping their ride and guess who the whore is.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Chris helped us out for our clubs kick-off party for the 2nd year in a row. He is all about this sport and has proven to me that he is all about sledding at a level that most can't seem to appreciate. He should be paid for what he has done in this sport. If anything, I'm jealous that I'm not getting paid to do something I pay big money to do. He is the most down to earth professional athlete that I've known. Don't fault him for getting the paycheck!

Congratulations Chris, I hope you can do for Polaris what you did for AC. You're going to be a busy man this winter. It won't hurt to have another Polaris dealer in the mountains and close to my home.

PS - Arctic Cat yard sell at the Burandt's!

B
actually i don;t know how you can believe a person at all...its not him talking...its the money making him talk and walk...saddly he has lost his identity...he is just close to being washed up and grabbing the dollars...nothing wrong with that...but it doesn;t have to have respect..its just survival with money as his "god" and not truth...and this is desperation on the part of Polaris as well..Cat knows that their sleds will and can speak for themselves...its Polaris trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat..so they found a sled whore for there magic rabbit..all we got here is just someone pimping their ride and guess who the whore is..

Its called BUSINESS. Why should Burandt pass up a financial opportunity to help his family just because it will make a few cat riders cry? It is obvious that Cat has a moron running their marketing department and Polaris doesn't. Like I said before this move is 100% Cat's fault by not recognizing the marketing potential in Burandt and the rest of the freestyle/backcountry riders.

Chris.

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
big air on red?????

shocked to see this. don't know him well. say hey to each other and trade a few cat vs. ski-doo or yamaha shots. if it is about chasing dollars, more power to him. making a living at what he does in this economy is pretty remarkable. like it or not, cat doesn't think his value to the company is worth the cost to keep him. i don't know that him being on the polaris payroll is going to increase their sales but it will give them exposure. always a good thing.

my issue with all this is credibility. when you represent a product, you need to decide if you sincerely believe it's the best product or if you're getting paid to say it's the best product. either approach is fine but you can't use them both at the same time. if i'm told product "a" is the best by a diehard product "a" user, i'll process it accordingly. if next year, i'm told product "b" is now the best by the same user, it's not going to carry any weight.

what really pi$$es me off if that i just picked up a used hcr tm8 and as is, no tuning or adjusting, is the worst running 800 i've rode. i'm sure it will come around but i was just waiting to run into burandt and tell him how full of $hit he has been all these years! might have to anyway............

jeff

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
great post scott, what comes to my mind is this ( does any body really know or can prove which is the best sled out there). Sled "A" my kick sled "B" today in "x" snow condition, But tomarrow sled "B" my kick sled "A" today. Everyone of todays sleds has its up and downs. I would have to agree on the cat, I have yet to get on one that will perform with the other two brands (two stroke sleds) I see the cat running good for other people, or it is betraid that way. So just because Chris is rideing a polaris does not mean it is the best brand, And I ride one. I ride with all big 4 and there is no one time that just one brand is the best they all have there high lights, and they all have there dark days.

Just my two penny's

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Business decision? Of course it is. He is making his living within the snownobile insdustry. No support from your spunsher, look for another one. I see Cat in Colorado going away. No support for dealers. Hmmm, Do or Poo?

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Look at this in a different way

This is no different than say Cobe Bryant that plays for the lakers. If the lakers start treating Cobe like crap and make him buy all his supplies and the Utah Jazz cal him and say we would love for you to play for us. We will give you the respect you deserve and will give all the basketballs you need. Now Cobe loves LA but he hates how the Lakers treat him and he loves the fans but he has to do what is best for him so he moves to Utah. The Laker fan we be upset and blame Cobe and they will not win as many games but they will still play ball. It might not be as warm in Utah as in California but if some one appreciates you it does not matter.

Chris is a professional snowmobile r he has made it his life and he is good at it we will miss seeing him on a cat but he will not change he will still be Big air Burandt.

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
All I know is that Chris is a bad azz rider and all these sleds offer so much out in the snow, does anybody think he can ride like that because of what sled he's on, who F-in cares. I just want to know what happens to all those turbo artic cats in his shop. mabe now I can see what my sled can really do, then I can go try that stuff, and get hurt. Ride like hell Chris! tear it up!

VOHK

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2006
Colorado
www.vohk.com
This is an exciting new chapter for all involved. The speculation is true with regard to Alpine Motor Sports, it will indeed be selling Polaris also. As indicated in Chris's press release the support structure in play will remain largely unchanged. With respect to the money anyone who knows Chris knows better, its about the people and the future, not the money. Regarding VOHK, this level of diversity will most certainly produce positive results that will no doubt transcend beyond brand.

C
Feb 15, 2009
guess i can stop saving to fly out thier and ride with chris because i refuse to ride a polaris..looks like i dont have to buy his video next year either because the riding coverage i willbe getting will be without a doubt better than his.1 pissed off fan of burandts

H
Nov 29, 2007
Littleton,Colorado
This is an exciting new chapter for all involved. The speculation is true with regard to Alpine Motor Sports, it will indeed be selling Polaris also. As indicated in Chris's press release the support structure in play will remain largely unchanged. With respect to the money anyone who knows Chris knows better, its about the people and the future, not the money. Regarding VOHK, this level of diversity will most certainly produce positive results that will no doubt transcend beyond brand.

All you Polaris guys better get ready to get your 500$ "PREFERRED CUSTOMER" dollars out cause if you don't buy your sled from JOKE oops i mean VOHK,THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS JUST TO WORK ON YOUR SLED,or it goes right to the back of his shop,but hey i don't blame you for jumping on board the CBexpress,but without his transition you would HAVE NEVER brought Polaris to your shop,you BLED green and orange,and who else could be so CONVENIENT to Chris,beings you both live in Kremtucky,no disrespect to Chris,but he has to have someone close-by to service his fleet.Polaris guys be ready to see TWO faces of this gentleman,he is quite the individual,and i always get a kick out of your High level of vocabulary,like you went to Yale or something,good luck TRANSCENDING.Don't forget to take your meds.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
guess i can stop saving to fly out thier and ride with chris because i refuse to ride a polaris..looks like i dont have to buy his video next year either because the riding coverage i willbe getting will be without a doubt better than his.1 pissed off fan of burandts

You're an idiot dude.

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.

Then with that statement you are a cat fan not so much a Burandt fan, I am a fan of his skills and his ability to ride a sled, I don't care what he rides. I was buying his films to whatch him, not what sled he is rideing. Don't punish the guy for makeing a move like this one, I'm sure there are things there that we as fans don't understand by being on the outside of the bizz.

Premium Features