• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowies in Late March or Early April

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
The last couple pf years I've taken a trip out to the Snowies around April 10th or so. The snow conditions have been pretty awesome every time (we were almost snowed in at Laramie last year). The usual group I head out there with isn't going this year due to life changes and such (marriages, job changes, etc.). So I'm looking for 2 to 4 other people to go with.

The last couple years we stayed at Mountain Meadow Cabins in one of their large cabins. The Snowy Mountain Lodge, about 1/2 mile away, is closed this year, so we'd have to can the gas in. Cenntenial is only about 10 miles away, so it isn't that big a deal.

I'm 27 years old, and I'm a reasonably decent rider in the deep and steep stuff. I ride a 2002 Polaris 800 RMK, extended to 159, that I just finished rebuilding last fall (including a rebuilt wide bearing crank). I'm looking for other reasonably capable riders with reliable-ish sleds.

If your interested, let me know and we can set something up. I vaugley know the area, so finding some fun stuff to ride/climb in won't be a problem.

Izzni

O

obch0501

Oct 7, 2008
where are you from??? I am from MN going to wyoming or colorado around that time frame. only have two in our group so far....I usually ride in montana either cooke city or west yellowstone. I ride a 2010 800 dragon rmk 155 and my dad is riding a 2009 M8 153. We dont know wyoming or colorado so it would be nice to hook up with someone who has been there.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Vadnais Heights, which is on the north side of the Twin Cities. I'd love to tag along.

I know the Vail area in Colorado, the area around Cenntenial in Wyoming, and the area of West Yellowstone. I'd be willing to sled anywhere out West, but I'd much perfer if either I or someone else in the group knew the area. I absoutely love the snowies, so I'm mildly partial to that area.

O

obch0501

Oct 7, 2008
sounds good ill keep u posted but I think we might plan on the first weekend in april. just trying to figure out what the snow will do....I live in becker so not too far away from ya. give me a call and we can probably get something rollin' (320)309-8864 my name is chris I work kinda weird hours right now so if I miss ur call just leave a message and ill call u back

D

digger18

Feb 22, 2009
Otsego MN
Trip

Just wondering if you decided on any dates?See there are a few people interested in it. Still have room? Did you get a cabin and how many does it sleep? If there was more room and your truck was full. I got a 2005 HD2500 and a trailor that we could load up. let me know. John 507-330-4739

R

rollcontrol

Sep 13, 2008
Stillwater, Mn
Late Trip

Wondering if anyone is still planning on going west still? I know the snowpack is crap in most places but I'm still itching to go one more time. Let me know if anyone has room. I'm from Centerville/Hugo.

jsnow17

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Iowa
Planning on going out west week of the 26th , snow premitting. Anyone else going west that time?

Premium Features