• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest Mlk Ride???

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
hey, is there gonna be a snowest ride on MLK weekend up in nor-cal?

i heard something about gold lakes...we gotta bunch a guys who want to come up and with all the snow we're about to get...it should be a great ride.

jeff

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
so Jan 21, any more details on the ride? Were supposed to be getting a TON of snow this weekend and all next week!!!

Ive never ridden gold lakes so it would be sweet to meet up with you guys and go with a group of people that know the area good!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Gotta get the 1200 buttoned up, and a new topend in the turbo so ill be ready!

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
me and most of the team summit guys from central cali are in (around 10).

talked to dan bush this morning...he and lyle sinden might come down from team thunderstruck. mesenbrink and hastings have a club thing that weekend.

also, i called phatty and gardiner...they are a 'maybe' right now.

hopefully snoboner can make it too?

jeff

silvertip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 3, 2001
Nevada City Calif
John,

Where is gold lakes? Can you camp there?

The Ride will start ether from Bassetts on Hyway 49 above Sierra City or from Gray Eagle on 89 just of of Hyway 70.
If you want I think you can camp up @ Yuba Pass. Its only 10 mins. down on the Highway 49 to Bassetts or you can ride your sled over to Round Lake from there. But its an hour or more that way. And if the trail is not groomed maybe more.

I think Ratcat is going to be up there?

hope this helps.

Last edited:
The Ride will start ether from Bassetts on Hyway 49 above Sierra City or from Gray Eagle on 89 just of of Hyway 70.
If you want I think you can camp up @ Yuba Pass. Its only 10 mins. down on the Highway 49 to Bassetts or you can ride your sled over to Round Lake from there. But its an hour or more that way. And if the trail is not groomed maybe more.

hope this helps.

This sounds somewhat near Downieville, I've been mtn biking up that way...am I close?

thanks for the info
Tommy

Premium Features