• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shopping and comparing turbos for the XP.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
I have been keeping track of DW Halverson's turbo thread and I am doing a ton of research to make the educated investment.

Turbo thread on Snow&Mud.com

Just wanting to obtain HONEST AND UNBIASED opinions, facts and experiences. This will help me make a choice that I am happy with. Please help me out.

Thanks!:beer;:beer;:beer;

Ralph, I'm sure you have already thought about Turbo Performance and the Aerocharger/Garrett for this season. CPI's Garrett turbo kit. If you can find Dave Bell's post about his XP turbo kits that would help by calling him too. He had a video on YouTube. He also uses the Garrett turbo. That's all the info I have for his kits.

Good luck on your search. Feel free and call me if you like and we can discuss the good, the bad and the ugly in more detail :D. I don't type so fast :rolleyes:.

Dave Halverson

Last edited:
Here's 2 questions you want to ask yourself.....Do you want to run high boost or low boost ? Do you want to run race fuel or pump fuel ?

I prefer large turbo's mainly because they run cooler than a smaller turbo that peaks at 10# to 12# SIZE MATTERS.

OT

Oh, I would like to run between 9-11 psi. Would like to be able to run a race fuel mix or AvGas mix.

Thats good that you have race fuel factored in. I never liked 50/50 myself when you run 100% you know what your investment drinks everytime.

With a garrett turbo you really want to be sure the air intake for the turbo is well located especially if you ride deep deep powder. I've ridden/owned turbo's with poor air intake and when the powder clogs the airflow i've been thrown over the handle bars due to the lack of available air.

OT

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back