• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Paul-
40 years old, 36 years on a sled. Raised a Cat rider, Catmaster tech in the '90's, no longer brand loyal, all 4 brands owned in the last 3 years.
Married 16 years.
Break airplane parts for a living.
Prefer Canadian beer :beer;:beer;

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
Jay
Have an amazing girlfriend, and a two year old Lab cross named Indy (used to be a Poo guy).

Drive a slightly done up '07 Cummins, as well as a few beaters. Ride an '08 M8 S/P.
In the summer, I wait for winter, and do as much camping, shooting (don't hunt though), and quadding as possible.

Great thread, Seth!

M
Nov 29, 2007
Puyallup. WA
The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Wilma ritualistically shaved my testicles — there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's quite breathtaking... I suggest you try it.

G

Gimpster

Is this the same old Triple from the old forum? :)

I miss many of the old names...

Old names are here on occasion, they peek back into the snowest window remembering the addiction

----- Gimpster -----

J
Sep 21, 2005
Peace River, Alberta
The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Wilma ritualistically shaved my testicles — there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's quite breathtaking... I suggest you try it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome right there! That movie rocks!

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Bull, 25, Northern Norway (Alta)
Just quit my job as an Electritian at a gas plant, producing Liquid Natural Gas so you guys can cook, and took a new job as a High-Voltage electritian producing power to the country.
GF for the last 3,5 years. Live together, ride together, love her, not married though.
Ride Nytro Turbo and RX-1 MOD this season. Live at what used to be a farm, and ride right from my house.
Summerfun is Kawa 750 Brute Force

Been to the USA 2 times for sleddin purposes, best trips of my life, can't wait to do it again.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Andy Thorp-Born and raised in North Idaho.

I'm 32 years old.

Have been married for 9 years to a girl I have known since 1st grade.

2 awesome kids-Aliyah is 5 and Andrew is 2.

Sales and marketing for large insurance company for the past 6 years.

2008 XP 163". I started riding in 2002 and enjoy it more and more each season.

2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

(2) 2007 Yamaha Grizzlies for summertime playing and plowing the driveway.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
Paul
I’m 50
Internet Networks Operations/ Telephone Transmission Tech.
Central WA.
Married for 29 years
Been riding for 39 years
26 year old daughter
2003 Vertical Escape, 2009 800 Dragon 163
KTM, BMW, Tundra, 2008 Accord, 1970 Mercury Cyclone
Sheltie, Collie
Cancer survivor

G

Gimpster

HAHA, ya see your name pop up every so often as well! Just can't stay away......

The arguement with Animal a few days before being buried in the slide and passing away, the fact that I never was able to appologize to him, hit home as well as when Kris married off into Montana. Friends taking advantage of my sleds, parts etc... dropped me back into the shadows of snowest. Losing friends is tough.

Snowest is worth looking out through the dark, into again, because there are a lot of new, good people on here.

Like I have always said "You have to have fun with life for life to have fun with you"

Snowest still makes life fun

----- Gregg -----

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
Tom
Married 2 kids,16,19, oh brother!
Prez WSSRA (no one else wants it)
Ride A/C M-8
04 Chevy dually D-Max
Love to hunt, fish, distance run (slow but steady), race sleds (not much faster)
General Contractor-Homes and excavating
NASCAR fan (The 24 car)

H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
The arguement with Animal a few days before being buried in the slide and passing away, the fact that I never was able to appologize to him, hit home as well as when Kris married off into Montana. Friends taking advantage of my sleds, parts etc... dropped me back into the shadows of snowest. Losing friends is tough.

Snowest is worth looking out through the dark, into again, because there are a lot of new, good people on here.

Like I have always said "You have to have fun with life for life to have fun with you"

Snowest still makes life fun

----- Gregg -----

thats was awhile ago ...godspeed:rose:

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Hi:

I'm nobody.

Been nobody for 41 yrs or so and during that time I aint never been nobody even then.

And the way things look - I don't ratly finger on ever be'in nobody neither.

Flit-e

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Riverton, Mountain View..Wyoming
Hi im Zach from Mountain View, Wy
no wife/gf no kids
drive truck during the summer for my parents
go to a community college in Riverton, Wy
been riding since 98
current ride is a 09 d-8
05 f-150 81 f-250
03 R6
looking to become a power sports mechanic

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
OK - I went and breezed through quickly and actually seen some posts by a few folks that I know.

Brandy & Greg I have met and rode with.

A handfull of others are from the "old days" too. I assume triple is old skewl - but his join date tells a diff story? Snowwizard, Winterbrew.... Some of the others I just aint sure aboot???

I see lotsa newer join dates just this last yr. I suppose many of the old crew got sorta burned out as I did and found something new that interested them instead? Maybe they just got a bloody job! :p

I started life as Chad Oxender back in late '66, but NOT the Chad Oxender from Idaho. (He's gotta be kin tho b/c there aint many of us to begin with!)
If you are a Chad and are older than 12/66 - you let me know eh? B/c I aint never met one older than me. :face-icon-small-dis You should se some of the looks I git when I ask some guys too. LOL!

Been riding ever since my dad came home with a new '75 Deere 800 (440 fan) Had my own 175cc Polaris new in '76

The heavy snows of the 70's and early 80's all dried up around here by 1984 and for the most part my sled (I had a '75 Deere 800 by then - but not my dads old one.) went into storage - only to come out occasionally for many yrs. (It hasn't snowed here like it used to since, although we did have fair amount of cover this last yr I think? I don't ride here - EVER!)

My paperwerk says that I am a certified State Farmer dated in late April of '85 - on a date that we all shoulda been planting corn. :rolleyes:

Me and my chumm started DJ'ing parties and such pretty serious like by 1988 I'd say... Maybe '87

Have been a self employed machine shop owner since 1989. Started as tool and die and somehow ended up in production. :confused:
Miraculously we are somehow still in business in spite of the last 7-1/2 yrs of economic war with China. (Which we seem to be loosing BTW. :clock: )

Married in '90.
Kid in '91 - imagine that! ;)
Another kid in '93

I gave up the DJing by '93 as I was too busy in the shop.

My chumm proposed we both get back into sledding in '94 as we started going to the UP for a cpl yrs. (Closest descent snow) but that got old (Too many and TOO LOUD (Kittys) of sleds) and we then started riding in N Ontario. (They have TOPOGRAPHY!)

Sleds got bigger & longer and then so did the miles on the truck as I make it west on average of once a yr.

My core group includes me and my chumm still, my boy is now 17 and has been riding with us for quite some time, and a fella from a ways off that likes to ride like we doo. We all ride '02's and most are 800's. We're all tightwads - what can I say?

Then there is my "go west" chumm from here on SW that I never know what on Earth he'll be riding next month! :eek: LOL!

Oh - and BTW - for all you Johnny-Come-Latelys, I am the official SW axe murderer. So keep your distance BOY! And Festus is my hero.

Pic here

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome right there! That movie rocks!

HAHAHA, Took me a sentence or to till I caught on... Again, Great movie:D:beer;

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
Originally Posted by winter brew
Paul-
40 years old, 36 years on a sled. Raised a Cat rider, Catmaster tech in the '90's, no longer brand loyal, all 4 brands owned in the last 3 years.
Married 16 years.
Break airplane parts for a living.
Prefer Canadian beer

You breaking them by flying them or wrenching on them?

its the reason why I dont fly!!!!! and Mr brew I thought you where moving to NB to be with us????

Premium Features