• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
OK - I went and breezed through quickly and actually seen some posts by a few folks that I know.

Brandy & Greg I have met and rode with.

A handfull of others are from the "old days" too. I assume triple is old skewl - but his join date tells a diff story? Snowwizard, Winterbrew.... Some of the others I just aint sure aboot???

I see lotsa newer join dates just this last yr. I suppose many of the old crew got sorta burned out as I did and found something new that interested them instead? Maybe they just got a bloody job! :p

I started life as Chad Oxender back in late '66, but NOT the Chad Oxender from Idaho. (He's gotta be kin tho b/c there aint many of us to begin with!)
If you are a Chad and are older than 12/66 - you let me know eh? B/c I aint never met one older than me. :face-icon-small-dis You should se some of the looks I git when I ask some guys too. LOL!

Been riding ever since my dad came home with a new '75 Deere 800 (440 fan) Had my own 175cc Polaris new in '76

The heavy snows of the 70's and early 80's all dried up around here by 1984 and for the most part my sled (I had a '75 Deere 800 by then - but not my dads old one.) went into storage - only to come out occasionally for many yrs. (It hasn't snowed here like it used to since, although we did have fair amount of cover this last yr I think? I don't ride here - EVER!)

My paperwerk says that I am a certified State Farmer dated in late April of '85 - on a date that we all shoulda been planting corn. :rolleyes:

Me and my chumm started DJ'ing parties and such pretty serious like by 1988 I'd say... Maybe '87

Have been a self employed machine shop owner since 1989. Started as tool and die and somehow ended up in production. :confused:
Miraculously we are somehow still in business in spite of the last 7-1/2 yrs of economic war with China. (Which we seem to be loosing BTW. :clock: )

Married in '90.
Kid in '91 - imagine that! ;)
Another kid in '93

I gave up the DJing by '93 as I was too busy in the shop.

My chumm proposed we both get back into sledding in '94 as we started going to the UP for a cpl yrs. (Closest descent snow) but that got old (Too many and TOO LOUD (Kittys) of sleds) and we then started riding in N Ontario. (They have TOPOGRAPHY!)

Sleds got bigger & longer and then so did the miles on the truck as I make it west on average of once a yr.

My core group includes me and my chumm still, my boy is now 17 and has been riding with us for quite some time, and a fella from a ways off that likes to ride like we doo. We all ride '02's and most are 800's. We're all tightwads - what can I say?

Then there is my "go west" chumm from here on SW that I never know what on Earth he'll be riding next month! :eek: LOL!

Oh - and BTW - for all you Johnny-Come-Latelys, I am the official SW axe murderer. So keep your distance BOY! And Festus is my hero.

Pic here

aren't we the official SW lurker from hell LOL

Hey OX good to to see you bud !!! all the way from The Yukon ..cmon :beer;:beer;:beer;

speakin o which ..where's Fabster , Rockstar,Sand2Snow,ChevySeller, and some of my other creepy friends

Last edited:
L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Heya Brandy I will chime in here, still only the 2nd female to give up the info!!

35 gonna be 36 a day after Coyotegirl
Married to Farmer--Loves to ride but doesnt live for it...hehe
13 year old son--best thing that ever happened to me
Rode for 30 years + (340 Exciter, ss 440, srv 540, phazer, xlt, rmk's, REV)
Property Management/Rancher
Love to keep in shape, lost 51 lbs since 2003 ;)
See Sig for toys!!
MANY Guns, conceiled carry permit my newest is a .380 LCP Ruger ;)
Love to hunt
Cabin on the Grand Mesa with dial up HAHA

Last edited:
X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Heya Brandy I will chime in here, still only the 2nd female to give up the info!!

35 gonna be 36 day after Coyotegirl
Married to Farmer--Loves to ride but doesnt live for it...hehe
13 year old son--best thing that ever happened to me
Rode for 30 years + (340 Exciter, ss 440, srv 540, phazer, xlt, rmk's, REV)
Property Management/Rancher
Love to keep in shape, lost 51 lbs since 2003 ;)
See Sig for toys!!
MANY Guns, conceiled carry permit my newest is a .380 Ruger ;)
Love to hunt
Cabin on the Grand Mesa with dial up HAHA

ah a fellow gun lover!!! good to see. I just went out today and bought the lower receiver to have my Custom AR-15 built.:D:beer;

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Obama will want that back!!!!

Don't remind me. I figured I better get one now before they ban the sale of them. :mad: If they every come after my guns it will be one hell of a fireworks show that's for sure.

Actually I don't think it will ever come to either of them but I wanted to treat myself to a new B-Day Present.:D

C
Jan 8, 2005
Calgary
I'm Dave.
40 y/o
Married with 2 girls, ages 2 1/2 and 1 1/2. The pride and joy of my life!
Work as a Paramedic (over 15 yrs).
Live in a house about the right size but with a garage waaay too small!
Drive a '00 4Runner or a '06 Honda Odyssey or a '97 GMC 3/4 ton or sometimes my lawnmower or wheelbarrow.
Ride an '04 RMK-800. Hoping to find the time to restore my John Deere sleds.
Rode sleds when I was alot younger, bought my JD when I was older. Been riding mountains for about 8 yrs and still getting schooled regularily.
Love to fly, haven't since having kids.
Love cars, drag racing and long walks in the park.
Wish I paid more attention to my Dad when I was ateenager helping him with construction renos. Now I can't learn it fast enough.
Expecting our third child in the spring.

W
Nov 26, 2007
Snoqualmie, WA
Bull, 25, Northern Norway (Alta)
Just quit my job as an Electritian at a gas plant, producing Liquid Natural Gas so you guys can cook, and took a new job as a High-Voltage electritian producing power to the country.
GF for the last 3,5 years. Live together, ride together, love her, not married though.
Ride Nytro Turbo and RX-1 MOD this season. Live at what used to be a farm, and ride right from my house.
Summerfun is Kawa 750 Brute Force

Been to the USA 2 times for sleddin purposes, best trips of my life, can't wait to do it again.

And some of you guys b!tch about driving from MN to ride the mountains:D, this guy goes half way around the world.:beer;:beer;

G

Gimpster

OK - I went and breezed through quickly and actually seen some posts by a few folks that I know.

Brandy & Greg I have met and rode with.

How close to Crooksville are you ?
There was a racetrack for sale there we were keeping an eye on.
Someone stiffed them on pre-season sale so they dropped the price to $390,000
Just wondering if it ever sold.

----- Gimp -----

G

Gimpster

thats was awhile ago ...godspeed:rose:

He was the most respected man to grace the pages of snowest forums. Never forgotten was the tribute of everyone copying his icon as a salute.
I dub the godspeed

----- Gimpster -----​

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Yay another chicka! :) You get that gun before or after our visit? LOL

The arguement with Animal a few days before being buried in the slide and passing away, the fact that I never was able to appologize to him, hit home as well as when Kris married off into Montana. Friends taking advantage of my sleds, parts etc... dropped me back into the shadows of snowest. Losing friends is tough.

Snowest is worth looking out through the dark, into again, because there are a lot of new, good people on here.

Like I have always said "You have to have fun with life for life to have fun with you"

Snowest still makes life fun

----- Gregg -----

Well, if Dave were here I'm pretty sure he would forgive you for whatever the arguement was over. That was the type of loving and compassionate person he was. So, don't beat yourself up. Forgive yourself and :).

Losing friends is tough. Making new friends rocks. ;)

HOLY AX murderer! :) I was talking about you the other day! Man that seems like a lifetime ago. lol :)

B

bullfrog123

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 10, 2008
Ashton, Idaho
I'm an a profesional a-hole!!!!!:) At least that's what I've heard a time or 2.

Jerrami, 33yrs
Married for 13 yrs to the best, 2 girls 10 and 12 (ohhh the drama around here),
Own a truck/freight brokerage for 10.5 yrs
Camping, hunting, fishing, beer drinking, metal fab, tractors, trucks, horses, more beer, and anything to do with the great of outdoors.
Current rides- 2- 04 1M 600 Cat's, 1 mine, other the wife's (looking to get M's this yr with any luck)
Kids ride newer than me:( 2 07 Yammy Phazers, good deal on them and great starter sleds.
Wheelers, camper, etc. Too much stuff to keep up with.

And yes, thanks to the fellas here who have provided a wealth of knowledge to my mellon. Here's to ya :beer;:beer;:beer;

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Name is Ryan, 26 years old
G/F of about 8 years now...
Just moved to Denver, CO so she could pursue her dream of being a doctor...well, that and the fact that I LOVE the mountains:D:D
I am a CPA by day and a librarian by night:rolleyes:
Ride an 08 D7 in the winter and a 00 R6 in the summer
Drive an 07 Duramax:) Love this truck!!!

Nice to put a name with your screen names. There are alot of good funny posts on here:)

track~

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Jerry
48, wonderful Wife that also loves to ride. Both retired Military.
No kids, one lazy Rottie and one lazy Cat.
Construction Technology Instructor at Job Corps.
If I'm not working, I'm either on my RMK, or my FLHR.
Good peeps on here, when they aren't acting 5yo......

Too many Hippie's though !;) (I thought you had a Beemer?)

G

Gimpster

Well, if Dave were here I'm pretty sure he would forgive you for whatever the arguement was over. That was the type of loving and compassionate person he was. So, don't beat yourself up. Forgive yourself and :).

Losing friends is tough. Making new friends rocks. ;)

hehehe, I'd never re-live the past... way to good of times these days :D
Think about friends of old every now and then and what happened, that's 'bout it

If I had to go back, it would back to the future

----- Gimpster -----

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
Jerry
48, wonderful Wife that also loves to ride. Both retired Military.
No kids, one lazy Rottie and one lazy Cat.
Construction Technology Instructor at Job Corps.
If I'm not working, I'm either on my RMK, or my FLHR.
Good peeps on here, when they aren't acting 5yo......

Too many Hippie's though !;) (I thought you had a Beemer?)

Your forgot, also owner of some of the best one liners on Snowest!

F
Feb 7, 2003
MN
i guess i'm the 3rd chic here... ;)

Staci
engaged to cory, the best thing in my life & will be married 6/6/09
no kids yet
one dog - toy fox terrier keeps us well entertained
work in logistics for a well known ice cream company & farm
sold the sled trying to pay off bills but they just don't get any smaller so i am hoping to get a 08 m8 sp this year & cory has a tundercat & i've been "borrowing" the father-in-law's rx1
riding since 88 - mountains since 00
04 grand cherokee & 08 super duty on the way
08 honda vtx bike
94 bearcat atv

Premium Features