• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ReKluse Clutch thoughts?

Awesome feedback much appreciated! I did come in contact with the previous owner of the bike and it does have a hinson clutch installed. my plan is to save my $$$ for now and try it out with the clutch on the next trip west!
excited to get some seat time finally ill update after this Saturdays ride!

You will love the rekluse unless you learn to master the clutch. Then it becomes a hindrance.

I have had two z start pros and one core 3.0 on three different bikes. I took them all off. In the winter I don't mind them but I can't stand them for dirt riding. It's like racing with an automatic tranny, easier to learn on, but harder to be precise or predictable.

Coming from some one here with probably ALOT less seat time on a bike than most. Haven't owned or ridden dirt bike in over 10 years til getting a timbersled last year. I don't feel the need for a Rekluse at all really.
First couple rides I'd stall it out a few times. That went away.
Heck if I dump the bike, its typically in 1st or 2nd gear in a tight slow area. The bike stays running, it never stalls out.
This is the one reason a Rekluse would be good, but a tether kill switch would do the same thing.
Im nervous that one of these times, I'll spill it and end up partly under the bike with the track just chewing away at me! If it's laying on it's left side, gotta dig out the bars to find the kill switch. If its on the right theres a chance the throttle will get rolled and like we've all seen that could get really ugly.
In short, guess I don't need a $1000 clutch, I need a $40 tether switch.

Premium Features

Back