• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pville Report 10/12/08

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Yup that sucker will be hard to find in the trees.

Just make sure if Stew wants to swap sleds for a few minutes, that his is not running on fumes. Cause when it runs outta gas he will ride around for 30 minutes on your sled claiming he can't find you!

:beer;

hahaha, that was a killer day wasnt it?? Weve got to do that again this year!(the part where I use your gas while you sit on my sled in the trees)lol

D
Dec 4, 2007
We've gone before when parked at the forks, 6 inches at the roadhouse = feet back at the mine, swamps are always nice and fluffy as well

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
The dutch hills are not the place to go riding solo. It is 25 miles back in petersville and can get extremely cold at night if you had to walk back from all the way back there. Not a smart idea IMO, remember what happened to Turbo Tim's dad last year? Let that be a reminder to always ride with someone else and stay prepared equipment wise for a night in the wilderness.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
The dutch hills are not the place to go riding solo. It is 25 miles back in petersville and can get extremely cold at night if you had to walk back from all the way back there. Not a smart idea IMO, remember what happened to Turbo Tim's dad last year? Let that be a reminder to always ride with someone else and stay prepared equipment wise for a night in the wilderness.
Ditto and it gets dark faster than youd like this early in the season up there. Last year riding in november the headlight went out on my REV, we left when the light got low, by the time we hit the trail again it was black out.

B
Nov 26, 2007
yea no kidding. Im thinking about getting SPOT. I usally call and tell people where im going. its just on my days off Mon tue. Its hard to find people. SO its stay home or ride. What would you pick. Ya know? I wish i had weekends off so I could go on a group ride and maybe that will be granted to me. Short on ppl at work and cant change days. Well see..

And maybe we can get SOME FKING SNOW AT TURNEY.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
yea no kidding. Im thinking about getting SPOT. I usally call and tell people where im going. its just on my days off Mon tue. Its hard to find people. SO its stay home or ride. What would you pick. Ya know? I wish i had weekends off so I could go on a group ride and maybe that will be granted to me. Short on ppl at work and cant change days. Well see..

And maybe we can get SOME FKING SNOW AT TURNEY.

I got tuesdays off

B
Nov 26, 2007
well thats that then. When my sled is goin again were gona go riding. FUnny when we were up at hatchers. I think this bdx stuff works. Had it 3/4 pinned and i couldent keep traction in the fluff lol. *** end was to squirley.:eek:

haha it was a total riot on the trail to. hit a corner ar 35 and wfo it. Drift:D

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
well thats that then. When my sled is goin again were gona go riding. FUnny when we were up at hatchers. I think this bdx stuff works. Had it 3/4 pinned and i couldent keep traction in the fluff lol. *** end was to squirley.:eek:

haha it was a total riot on the trail to. hit a corner ar 35 and wfo it. Drift:D

Can you imagine when you have a turbo LOL

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
Pville update

Talked to buddy who said the snow was 4-5' if you go all the way back past the dutch hills. There is a 1' base that was rained on and set up hard. Their pictures showed chest level fluff.

Premium Features