• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro to Khaos? Love the purple but want the Khaos

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Too bad they don't run it, sans the spectators like the NCAA championships.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
How does the kaos side hill compared to an RMK PRO? I’m assuming it won’t climb as well. I’m thinking if you do a 163” Kaos with the new fox rear lockout shock you would have the best all around Polaris mountain snowmobile. I just haven’t heard how they compare to the pro when it comes to side hilling

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
How does the kaos side hill compared to an RMK PRO? I’m assuming it won’t climb as well. I’m thinking if you do a 163” Kaos with the new fox rear lockout shock you would have the best all around Polaris mountain snowmobile. I just haven’t heard how they compare to the pro when it comes to side hilling

Ive rode that exact setup and your description is pretty much spot on. a 162 Khaos with Locked out Fox QS3 keeps the skis just stuck to the hill. even in position 2 it will handle even the gnarliest terrain but still float the skis on demand. IMO this is one of the best all around sleds a guy could setup. I still prefer my shorter sled for the wild fun factor, but that 162 khaos with the fox shocks is no joke.

The quick adjustments on the rear shocks allow you to go from nice and controlled like an RMK to super playful and fun for full "khaos" mode.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Ive rode that exact setup and your description is pretty much spot on. a 162 Khaos with Locked out Fox QS3 keeps the skis just stuck to the hill. even in position 2 it will handle even the gnarliest terrain but still float the skis on demand. IMO this is one of the best all around sleds a guy could setup. I still prefer my shorter sled for the wild fun factor, but that 162 khaos with the fox shocks is no joke.

The quick adjustments on the rear shocks allow you to go from nice and controlled like an RMK to super playful and fun for full "khaos" mode.
Is your shorter sled a kaos or an RMK?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
So one thing I will say with trying to convert a regular Axys RMK to a Khaos, rails, limiter strap and longer FTS will NOT give you a Khaos. I have a Khaos converted to a 162, and my friend with a 19' 155 axys with the raptor conversion kit on the regular WE piggyback shocks and my stock khaos rails.

The difference between our two sleds on wheelie/fun factor is very apparent. My 162 will wheelie and carry a wheelie way more than his shorter 155 axys. The only thing different is the velocity shocks. The shocks IMO are the biggest contributor to the Khaos feel. I also did the raptor khaos kit on my 16 axys and didn't really notice much difference at all. The valving, springs, etc give it that feel the most it seems to me... BTW I absolutely love my 162 khaos, so fun!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
So one thing I will say with trying to convert a regular Axys RMK to a Khaos, rails, limiter strap and longer FTS will NOT give you a Khaos. I have a Khaos converted to a 162, and my friend with a 19' 155 axys with the raptor conversion kit on the regular WE piggyback shocks and my stock khaos rails.

The difference between our two sleds on wheelie/fun factor is very apparent. My 162 will wheelie and carry a wheelie way more than his shorter 155 axys. The only thing different is the velocity shocks. The shocks IMO are the biggest contributor to the Khaos feel. I also did the raptor khaos kit on my 16 axys and didn't really notice much difference at all. The valving, springs, etc give it that feel the most it seems to me... BTW I absolutely love my 162 khaos, so fun!
Glad to hear another person who can so clearly verify something we have brought up a number of times.

Khaos geometry and Khaos 'feel' are two very different things. The shock setup on these sleds is just as much a part of the playfulness as the geometry changes.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
i’m running khaos shocks with pro springs on pro suspension (162x3 PC 5# boost)

super playful and fun.

(About on par with a stock 155 N/A khaos for playful but spanks it climbing)

Premium Features