• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's everyone like for shocks on the Matryx?

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
I’ve never tried the S36 Ohlins they have for sale now but I hear they are really good. Mine on my Boost are TTX hand built ones similar to what Skinzs sells for the front. I have well over 10000miles total on them I rebuild them every other year and still as good as the day I got them. I had them modified from my Iron Dog days to fit my Boost.

470a0d8cd2c1ef2453ff06a1b27c3170.jpg

73d0654d1af3d1017dc3212adf7d0f6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I have fox airs qs3s on all 4 corners, I regret spending the money on them, I set the fronts to buraunts recommend pressures, and it's to harsh, I put my stockers back on with a much smoother ride, the rears are ok after spending a whole season trying different setups. I should had done more homework and bought coils. Not many top pro riders use fox airs compared to coils. The only feature I like is the lock out mode on the rears ,Live and learn I guess.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I have fox airs qs3s on all 4 corners, I regret spending the money on them, I set the fronts to buraunts recommend pressures, and it's to harsh, I put my stockers back on with a much smoother ride, the rears are ok after spending a whole season trying different setups. I should had done more homework and bought coils. Not many top pro riders use fox airs compared to coils. The only feature I like is the lock out mode on the rears ,Live and learn I guess.

Good honest review. Thanks for your opinion on them. I’ve never really been a huge fan of air shocks, but was looking at the QS3’s.

YB

Reactions: snobyrd

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Chilly,
Buy a carbon skid with your heavy duty Ohlins and report back with your 24 boost boat anchor results. That would be a great test. But leave the stock clutching, because nothing is better. No AV gas can be used for the better performance with bad fuel.

Reactions: rulonjj and Chadly
Premium Features