• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poo 2.6" track troubles

E
Dec 23, 2019
Anybody have any experience with the 2.6" tracks doing this? Only 75 miles on the sled. Ridden in plenty of deep snow. Just curious as to how many people have issues with this track.

IMG_0374.jpg

E
Dec 23, 2019
It’s possible I guess. I feel like if I hit something hard enough to tear it like that that it would have torn a lug or frayed the edge of the track or something? Weird rip on it. It actually looks like it is coming apart right on a seam where the track was bonded together?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
It’s possible I guess. I feel like if I hit something hard enough to tear it like that that it would have torn a lug or frayed the edge of the track or something? Weird rip on it. It actually looks like it is coming apart right on a seam where the track was bonded together?
Never seen that... but if theres no other damage and its on the seam I would try to get it warrantied, looks like something you will probably want to replace regardless.

E
Dec 23, 2019
The rest of the track looks mint. I’ve got it in the dealer now and they are working on getting another track here to replace this one. Hopefully Polaris will warranty it. I’ve got to question the durability with only having 75 miles on it and then this. I rode my doo 850 for 800 miles last year in some very questionable snow and never an issue

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The rest of the track looks mint. I’ve got it in the dealer now and they are working on getting another track here to replace this one. Hopefully Polaris will warranty it. I’ve got to question the durability with only having 75 miles on it and then this. I rode my doo 850 for 800 miles last year in some very questionable snow and never an issue
Poo’s mountain tracks certainly aren’t known for their durability... its no secret, but I’ve never seen one tore like that. Typically people just have issues with lug tears and such, not the actual belt itself.

E
Dec 23, 2019
Poo’s mountain tracks certainly aren’t known for their durability... its no secret, but I’ve never seen one tore like that. Typically people just have issues with lug tears and such, not the actual belt itself.
I had a buddy who had an Axys 800 and his track flat out ripped in half and came shooting all the way out from the sled off the drivers when he was pulling a hill last year. I’m glad I found it when I did and didn’t have to deal with it on the mountain. If it doesn’t warranty is it possible to change the drivers to 3” pitch and put a 280 on it with the stock belt drive? Or does the stock belt drive limit me from making that change?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Belt drive won’t limit you... actually makes track changes a breeze. You will be geared slightly higher going from 2.86” to 3” pitch.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Going to 3” pitch gearing lowers the gearing, not higher. 3” are smaller in diameter drivers than the stock 2.86 drivers.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
7x3=21” circumference

7x2.86=20.02” circumference.

Might wanna run the math again......

This is not always the case, if going from stock Poo drivers to Avid extroverts the Avid 3’’ pitch drivers are more or less the exact same circumference, Poo 2,86’’=Avid 3’’, hence gearing is not altered.

Measured this while changing my track last winter.

E
Dec 23, 2019
This is not always the case, if going from stock Poo drivers to Avid extroverts the Avid 3’’ pitch drivers are more or less the exact same circumference, Poo 2,86’’=Avid 3’’, hence gearing is not altered.

Measured this while changing my track last winter.
So theoretically a guy could leave the stock belt drive and put 3" drivers on to run a Camso 280 (or any other track with 3" pitch) and replace the stock track out without changing the gearing?

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
So theoretically a guy could leave the stock belt drive and put 3" drivers on to run a Camso 280 (or any other track with 3" pitch) and replace the stock track out without changing the gearing?

Yes, I have done this to my 800, works just fine. Are now running the Proride quickdrive gears to gear it down also.

Will be changing the track and drivers to same setup on my 850 tonight, Camso X2.7, will be keeping the stock QD sprockets on that one.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I haven’t ever measured avid vs polaris drivers. But the answer is no matter what you do you don’t HAVE to change the gearing. All comes down to preference.

In theory(if true to size) a 3” pitch driver will raise you from a 2.22:1 final drive ratio to a 2.12:1. IF you want to get back closer to stock gearing the easiest method would be to put Pro RMK sprockets on, it would bring your gearing slightly lower than stock to 2.27:1. I PERSONALLY would want the 2.27 ratio if I went to 7 tooth 3” pitch driver.

If any of my numbers are wrong feel free to correct me. Like I say I don’t know how avids compare to polaris drivers, but the above numbers represent drivers that actually measure 2.86” and 3” pitches.

I see you’ve mentioned the 280 a couple times... I’d do some research on that track before pulling the trigger on one. It may work for you and your snow, but most dislike the performance and durability.

E
Dec 23, 2019
I haven’t ever measured avid vs polaris drivers. But the answer is no matter what you do you don’t HAVE to change the gearing. All comes down to preference.

In theory(if true to size) a 3” pitch driver will raise you from a 2.22:1 final drive ratio to a 2.12:1. IF you want to get back closer to stock gearing the easiest method would be to put Pro RMK sprockets on, it would bring your gearing slightly lower than stock to 2.27:1. I PERSONALLY would want the 2.27 ratio if I went to 7 tooth 3” pitch driver.

If any of my numbers are wrong feel free to correct me. Like I say I don’t know how avids compare to polaris drivers, but the above numbers represent drivers that actually measure 2.86” and 3” pitches.

I see you’ve mentioned the 280 a couple times... I’d do some research on that track before pulling the trigger on one. It may work for you and your snow, but most dislike the performance and durability.
I don't personally know enough about the driver specs and gearing ratios on track swaps so all this input is greatly appreciated. I am certainly not settled on the 280 and honestly I kind of the like that Camso has a 2.7" lug profile track. I thought it was either a 2.5" or 3". This whole conversation started with the durability of the stock Poo 2.6. I didn't mind the performance of that stock track, but also want something that will stay together. As I've said earlier I put 800 miles on some questionable snow on my Ski-Doo 850 with the X3 track and no issues at all with durability. Still waiting to hear back from Polaris on a warranty on this track and if they do I'll obviously keep everything stock but if they don't, I know I could do a track swap to a Camso along with a driver change for less money than what Polaris charges for there 2.6.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
You also have to be specific on which 280 your talking about, the conquer or the epic. Two very different tracks. The epic is new this year and is very different lug design than the conquer. I would have to check to see for sure, but pretty sure my avid extroverts were 6 tooth and a bit smaller than the stock driver.

E
Dec 23, 2019
Well just got word that Polaris is going to deny the warranty claim on it so now I am sitting here with a sled that has less than 2 full tanks of fuel through it and need to spend another $1500 to replace it. Makes me want to go the aftermarket route and buy the new Camso 2.7. Problem is I've got all the hassle with changing drivers and such but could be worth it to not deal with Polaris on warranty claims.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
Changing the drivers is not that big of a deal if you have access to a press. It will give you a chance to square them up in the sled also. Chances are your stock drivers are nowhere near centered. My last 3 sleds have been terrible from the factory.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Be aware, Camso makes stock Camo Extreme 2.86 replacement tracks in 155 and 163, also, for stock drivers. Dual ply, fully clipped. No impact on gearing ;) - when talking driver impact on gearing, always have to spec both pitch and the number of teeth on the drivers, FWIW.

Premium Features