• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poll, Best mountain ski's for XP.

Best XP mountain ski's.

• Total voters
Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
J
Dec 6, 2007
Idaho
Looks like we ride similar areas. I love my Simmons. For me and the way I ride they are hands down the best. Side hilling i don't have to stand up or even cross my leg over and I can go along a side hill as long as the hill lasts.

D
Jan 29, 2009
pow pros for sure:beer; mounted in back position on the xp;) (as in more plastic towards the rear of the sled) c&a's are for sno-x and suck in the mountains:D

Dec 3, 2007
Boston, Mass.
IMO, the stock skis work great on and off trail. The only issue is they're weak when it comes to bumping into stuff. I've used the C&A XT's and those are as rugged as they come but if you do any sort of trial riding, they're a little too aggresive.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Im looking to change ski's and want to get some info on the best mountain skis.

Vote and explain please. I Jump alot, sidehill long distances, and ride deep powder.

Thanks.
Jay

I have every ski mentioned except C&A,Mods are far the best in the deep snow and sidehilling,Not as durable on rocks as some of the others

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
Tried Simmons & pushed too bad on semi setup snow, tried Slydogs, didn't work good in fresh, ran Mods all this year, work pretty good in all cond., pretty heavy & are beat to chit. Plastic is more brittle than most, have chunks missing from edges & broken loop. Still think the Pilots are a very good ski just not alot of flex for absorbing front end damaging hits.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Im looking to change ski's and want to get some info on the best mountain skis.

Vote and explain please. I Jump alot, sidehill long distances, and ride deep powder.

Thanks.
Jay

Has anyone run the Curve ski in the deep?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I'm voting for the stock skis too. I feel that 300-500 could be better spent on the sled. If somebody were to give a set I might bolt em on and try em out but I'm not gonna order aftermarket skis

Premium Features