• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poll, Best mountain ski's for XP.

Best XP mountain ski's.

• Total voters
Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)
I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Slim, did you or your buddies find the Slydogs to feel "darty"? We ran them on the shop XP last year and found we had to go with close to 1" toe-out to help with the darting/"twitchy" feel. They were fine in deeper snow but I didn't like the twitchy feel in the heavier spring snow or hard snow. These were the wider version-

The Trail versions we run don't dart, I got the (6" I think) wide ones , as I recall there is a wider version. Havent tried them, but I would guess exactly as you say, probably "twitchy". Maybe its my set up, I run the XP/Rev's front shocks as firm as they will go and remove all sway bars, obviously not as good trail manners as Simmons and the sway bar connected, but I "setup" for off trail riding, and what it gives me on-trail is acceptable. And not to pizz on someone else's choice, I can't stand the heavy feeling and the difficulty of handling on Simmons. ( I have had 2 sets and ridden countless other sled with them)

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
I haved tried all, and Powder Pros rule on Cats and XPs.

Then you haven't tried Mods... be honest now! The Mods don't have the problem in crusty spring snow that the PP's have with difficult steering (otherwise yes, they come in second in my book).

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Then you haven't tried Mods... be honest now! The Mods don't have the problem in crusty spring snow that the PP's have with difficult steering (otherwise yes, they come in second in my book).

Have FUN!

G MAN
Absolutely Mods. They rock on the hill.I need new wear rods/carbides and recall someone indicating that theres another option off an older ski.What fits it?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Do they have larger carbides than stock.Hard facing? and direct bolt on or a bit of modifications?

Depends on what you can find at places like Dennis Kirk. I think just average carbide with pads front and back as I recall. Direct bolt-ons - no mods required.

Cheers,

G

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Depends on what you can find at places like Dennis Kirk. I think just average carbide with pads front and back as I recall. Direct bolt-ons - no mods required.

Cheers,

G

Thanks 4 the tip.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
C&A's are the best i've found.

they are the ultimate in control, for any snow condition. just be sure thats what you want, because thats what you get.

if you ride around like you're on the flimsy stockers, you will likely find yourself infront of your sled from time to time.

gsled04

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2011
Wish I could get all the money back I've spent on stupid stuff over the years like ski's and can's and blonds, then I would go buy a Mountian Horse !. I went back to the stock Pilots they work as good as anything else, and I've still got them all.

Premium Features