• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Plan B; Mission Impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Great build man looks like you and I have the same goals in mind....representing the 4 strokes without boost! Looks like your a lot closer than I am though. Let me know how she does this season, best of luck bro!

S

scarter

Jan 13, 2009
Belgrade, MT
Sweet looking build! I work at Dynojet and love to see people making good use of our products. Hope you do well! :beer; :rockon:

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
wow thats impressive power does the motor have more vib now without the counter balance .did the give you a idea of how long that motor will make that kind of power befor rebuild.very cool sled man:face-icon-small-coo

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for all the interest and moral support! I have been soo busy witth the new job(16hr days), and trying like hell to get this sled ready for the first race, my response to new posts seems to have suffered a bit. I plan on getting out tomorrow for some clutch setup testing. I have only had it out on the snow once since completion. The powerband is definitely fat with tractor like torque down low, and then seems to build decent hp up top. From 8600-9000 rpm she is singing real good, and feels compareable to piped/ported 800's. There is very little noticeable vibration without the counterweights in the motor, and the life expectancy will be similar to a boosted Nytro. My 1st race is coming up next weekend, so I will post up the results(good or bad), either here on this thread, or start a new one on the Yammi forum.

Here's a few pics of the heavy duty Ez-ryde rails, and the ISR required brake rotor guard. You can see the coolant bottle, and the battery are relocated down low for better cg. Soon the stock oil tank will be replaced by a super tuff unit built by sledhead162.

:yo:

100_1874.jpg 100_1873.jpg 100_1871.jpg 100_1870.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
so are you running strait 112 race gas for this setup & who did the motor work i would love to build a na nytro for riding like this.:thumb::beer;

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Bear Lake race results

Not good,...

600 mod-went over the top with an ET of 1:25 but failed to qualify
700 mod-went over the top with an ET of 1:17 but failed to qualify
800 mod-seperated from sled between gates 9/10 &failed to qualify
open mod-went off course at gate 12 and failed to qualify

...overall, the Nytro showed good speed and bump control, but I was guilty of over riding the course. Sometimes it's possible to be too aggressive, and when forcing the issue instead of letting the race come to you, thats when the mistakes will take you out. Racing the pro's on their turf is a humbling experience. My optimism out weighs the dissapointment, and I will be ready and hungry for the next race at Afton on the 25th!
-Cable:crutch:

100_1875.jpg 100_1876.jpg 100_1877.jpg

T

throttlecable

Dec 13, 2009
Fruita, CO
Get um next time Cable. How did Cole do??

Sam

Cole had an off weekend also,...he did qualify his 800 turbo in open mod, but only took 6th with it on Sat. Dan Lochnikar, and his wife Faith also struggled all weekend,...not a good showing from us Colorado racers.:mmph:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features