• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC 5 advice needed!

T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
Hey Kraven and harrysmith500,
what map would you suggest we run out here, sleds are stock except for vents and an slp can. Dynotech or slp? I am surprised more west coast riders aren't chiming in with advice or info. Maybe mountainhorse will have some wisdom for us....pppplease? Thanks for all the help!!!

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Any issues with picking up a used PCIII or PCV? My D8 is new to me and I have not rode it yet but this seems to be the most recommended mod on all of the forums. I am not sure that a new PCV @ $370 is in the budget this season...

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
09 D8 in Truckee. Using Jim's map for January-ish reflash/update. Was hard starting and rough/weak in the middle. Between the TPS adjusting and PC-V sled runs very clean and starts easy. Final RPM stayed about the same but seemed to pull up to it harder/quicker. Primary reason for purchase to keep the sled alive, running good is the byproduct.
Got mine from Thin Air Motorsports

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
PC-3 FOR SALE

Any issues with picking up a used PCIII or PCV? My D8 is new to me and I have not rode it yet but this seems to be the most recommended mod on all of the forums. I am not sure that a new PCV @ $370 is in the budget this season...

There are guys selling almost new PC 3's for $250 +/-

If you're not going the Auto-tune route, it's the same performance

There's a guy on www.hardcoresledder.com , IQ section page 1 with one for sale right now

Reactions: harrysmith500

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
what map would you suggest we run out here, sleds are stock except for vents and an slp can. Dynotech or slp? I am surprised more west coast riders aren't chiming in with advice or info. Maybe mountainhorse will have some wisdom for us....pppplease? Thanks for all the help!!!

Kinda depens on the mods.

SLP only has a map for their pipe combo as far as I know.

Jim @ DYNOECH has several maps for the different re-flash dates and different pipe combos

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
GOING TO CALIFORNIA.......................................

We just picked up a RZR and I'll find any excuse to get back to the UP.
The Pasty's were unforgetable. I'd love to plan a trip up there with you!

Yeah let me know. I'm always in for a trip.

It's funny, I'm always looking for an excuse to go out West.

Was just in California for a week in August on vaca

One of these days I'll wise up and move there.....................................

Reactions: harrysmith500

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs

Here is an email from Fuel Moto.

Hello, the PC-V is $279.00 + 12.95 2-3 day shipping and the Auto Tune is $199.00. For more info you can contact us at 877-729-4754

Thank you.........Jamie

Fuel Moto
2215 Kelbe Dr
Little Chute, WI 54140
Toll Free Sales/Tech 1-877-729-4754
Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components
Fuel Moto websites: www.fuelmotousa.com www.jackpotmufflers.com

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
Do you guys think that a PCIII or PCV is worth it for a stock 07 IQ 600 CFI? All I would want is to get is the best reliability possible for trail riding.

Thanks,

JP

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Do you guys think that a PCIII or PCV is worth it for a stock 07 IQ 600 CFI? All I would want is to get is the best reliability possible for trail riding.

Thanks,

JP

I haven't heard or seen the 600 having any issues, so I would say you would be fine with out one. I don't even know who makes a map for the 600.

I think that 600 is a bullet proof engine.

My thoughts, we need a second opinion though.

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership

for a stock sled with a can I'd run Dynotech Jim's Stock map. He had awesome results on a bone stock sled. Let's just say a single pipe is a waste of money compared to a PC V (PC III) price to Horsepower ratio.

S

St0rm77

Oct 17, 2009
Fort McMurray, Alberta
hey guys, great info. got a question though: i've installed my PC5, but i don't get any %throttle reading. is this the way things are? or am i missing something here?

T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
Thanks harrysmtih500, I think I will look into Dynothech and their maps. I will give him a call. Should I subscribe to his service before I buy a pc 5, will I get any new info I have missed elsewhere?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Here is an email from Fuel Moto.

Hello, the PC-V is $279.00 + 12.95 2-3 day shipping and the Auto Tune is $199.00. For more info you can contact us at 877-729-4754

Thank you.........Jamie

Fuel Moto
2215 Kelbe Dr
Little Chute, WI 54140
Toll Free Sales/Tech 1-877-729-4754
Specializing in EFI tuning and Exhaust components
Fuel Moto websites: www.fuelmotousa.com www.jackpotmufflers.com

That is the best price I have seen. As long as they are an authorized dealer/re-seller I would jump on that!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
hey guys, great info. got a question though: i've installed my PC5, but i don't get any %throttle reading. is this the way things are? or am i missing something here?

Refer back to the manual, it tells you what mode to put it into where it displays that % Throttle opening

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST

Thanks,

JP

I have not heard guys with 600 having fuel issues,

BUT that doesn't mean you can't benefit from it.

The PC-3/5 is are the jets for CFI's

Why not take a plug/piston wash reading on your sled and make your own determination?

5% change on the PC = 2 jet sizes , in rough numbers.

I've owned 15-20 or so new sleds/jet skis, every one got jetted down.

My 2001 EDGE-X 600, I installed 400's (430 stock) along with the SLP head

Last edited:
Premium Features