• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P22 or P85

If Polaris offered the option for Boost and 9R would you opt for the P85

• Yes

Votes: 40 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
The primary spring final rate is a bit high and the secondary spring rate is low. The initial 165/310 is needed with the stock weights as they are heel and mid weighted. Running some BBT 76g weights with a 120/285 spring and a glide washer works really well. Add a 160/260 qpring in the secondary with a bearing or delrin washer for better belt hold.

Regardless of the clutching, the gearing is still too high. 1-1 shift on the QD2 is 74mph. you never going to get there in deep snow. i have been running a 29/69 gear ratio and that has helped a ton. would like a 28/69 gear ratio, but thats not available yet. These 216 belts are very hard and need more spring pressure to prevent slipping.
hi, i'm at sea level too and was wondering in wich sled are you running this setup?? 9r rmk i suppose. was also wondering what is your max rpm running thoses weight?? thanks

This is what my clutch looks like every ride with the p22, and same with the others I ride with. How much hp is left on the table over a p85?

View attachment 388128
I see that on 90% of the P22...it is the same on the secondary from the bottom....thats a LOT of track speed!!! LOTS... on a lake that would be 15-20 MPH...2 issues, one the spider hits the cover so that bottoms out....2 maybe the gearing is that low that it wont let it shift out???

Premium Features

Back