• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

O8 xp ?????

I have a chance to buy a 08 XP, with low miles for very cheap, but I am a little concerned about the issues that I have heard about, and I dont know which ones to believe.
Can anyone tell me what updates were made on that particular model, and how I go about checking to see if they have been completed.

Have your dealer run the vin# of your new sled. This will tell you what updates were done, and if any were missed.

Ace

I have a 08 X 154 and really satisfied about it. Done the recall on the handwarmers, driveshaft and put heavier springs on the rear, re-gear it 19/45, 16gr maybe not spot on for the clutching guru's (that I'm not..) but 2000km with my 377 belt. Very satisfied to date, hoping to say the same thing same day next year (w/o engine warranty on the third year). I'll do the pilot jet no 20 and .020" shim under the carb needle at the fall tune-up and confident to put a total of 6000km after 3 year w/o major trouble.

Honestly, the XP doesn't have any more issues than the other two 2-strokers out there. More often than not more people like them. It's just the whiners and others brand bashing them.

love my 08 XP's

I own 2 Summit X Xp's and love them both, updates are done. I bought them both used and have had no issues with them. They are a fun easy to handle snow eatin sled. One is 154 X and the other a 146 X . I sold 3 of my standard Rev's to buy these 2. Don't get me wrong I loved all 3 of my Rev's, but the Xp is a nice upgrade.

Premium Features

Back