• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW STYLE AVID DRIVERS FOR ALL PITCHES!!

3.0 7 tooth driver

I think i'm going to put a 3.0 pitch 7 tooth driver and a ce track on my 07 dragon with a carls 910. Should gear it down, but not too much. It should also give more clearance in front and on top, but not so much as to hit the wear bars. Any thoughts?

I have that combo in my sled... Fits perfect... I have about 7/8" clearance .

Man, I don't want to unbox my 2.86 track until I hear that the 7 tooth driver will work or not. I could send it back for a 3.00 if I had to. Installing the Holz drop kit was my back up plan.

Man, I don't want to unbox my 2.86 track until I hear that the 7 tooth driver will work or not. I could send it back for a 3.00 if I had to. Installing the Holz drop kit was my back up plan.

I am in the same boat as you. I know that you don't want to be the Ginnie pig but if you decide to try it, you will have to make sure to post the results. Would be a nice option if we could run the 7 tooth 2.86 pitch and have adequate clearance.

I think i'm going to put a 3.0 pitch 7 tooth driver and a ce track on my 07 dragon with a carls 910. Should gear it down, but not too much. It should also give more clearance in front and on top, but not so much as to hit the wear bars. Any thoughts?

I have that very 3" Pitch track/driver combo in my IQ-RAW-RMK sled... Fits perfect... I have about 7/8" clearance .

Last edited:
:face-icon-small-con alright now.......I'm a little lost, but basically it looks like these drivers will allow for the powerclaw in the new chassis as well, so the 153 will work on the 155 Polaris skid, your extrovert teeth will run perfectly around the clipped windows, and also do their job? :deadhorse:

is this not the answer I am looking for? Or did I forget some details that you shared in one of my previous threads about doin the p-claw exchange.....But from what you've said here, it would probly be impossible to get these at such a busy time of year.

MH, please don't beat me up too badly for making you repeat things, if I am that is:confused:

I have a custom Timbersled Mountain Tamer with custom 153" rails.... on my IQ-RMK-RAW CHASSIS.

BUT...

I believe that Jkinzer has done it... I think with the smaller drivers you will gain some slack and it will work.

Drop kinzer a pm and ask him to post here.

Last edited:
yes,
i am running a 90 duro powerclaw on my assault with a dragon 155 skid frame.
i am also running the old style 7T 3" pitch avids with those little nubbins trimmed off the track.
its been workin fine so far for me, although these would be the better alternative

i havent done it on my personal sleds so as far as how it holds up over time to serious abuse i can not speak for it. ( i have 153" ice age rails) but i have done it for two of my customers sleds and it will work. you must stay with the stock rear axle and wheel set up though(unless you want to spend another $400 on a free floating re-location axle set up). on both sleds that i did i used the whal bro's 8 tooth drivers, but this was also before robbie came out with this new design of drivers. once the track stretches out and gets broke in over the first couple rides you actually have decent track adjustment left on the rails. pictures are worth a thousand words, but this is the best pic i have on my computer right now. shows the stock 155 rails bolted up in the sled w/ the 153 power claw track. no rear axle shown in this pic, but you can see the slack in the track
108_2415.jpg

Jkinzer & Mountainhorse - thanks for the input. this sounds like a sure fire way to go about installing the powerclaw in the new machine.

Fraufarm - We'll be talking soonish and maybe making a trip to Lamoure to take a look at your assault just to compare

Is it still needed to clip the front of the rails off? Ive got an 07 rmk 660 running an 155 challenger extreme, and im looking for more clearance, and need to gear down more as well, 7tooth 2.86 in this new style sounds right up my alley, just want to avoid cutting the rails.

Premium Features

Back