• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW STYLE AVID DRIVERS FOR ALL PITCHES!!

No... 7 tooth is only availble in the 3" pitch... the 2.86 and the 2.52" pitches would be too small in a 7 tooth

kinda sorta off topic, will both the PC 162 and 153 fit the 2010 polaris stock 155 rails?? if not, what needs to change, im sure the PC 153 will fit no problem, so what ab out the 162?

No... 7 tooth is only availble in the 3" pitch... the 2.86 and the 2.52" pitches would be too small in a 7 tooth

Not true mh.. robbie will build and has 7 tooth 2.86 drivers... not alot of demand for them but robbie can just about do anything you want with his drivers....

Hmm.. good news... I guess...

Robbie IS the man!!

It gives you about 1/2" more clearance than the stock... but you will have move the front torque arm bolt down a bit and suck up the limiter strap...so the top-inside of the track doesn't rub on the swing arm top tube. Changes the geometry a tad as well as well as decreasing the travel and affecting the ride... that much smaller driver brings the top-inside of the track down in contact with the swing arm front tube.

The stock 8 tooth 2.86" pitch is 7.25" dia..... 7 tooth 2.86" pitch is 6.37" dia

When we were working on these new ones he said he wouldn't make them as they were too small.... I wonder what changed his mind... Maybe Robbie will chime in here.

Hmm.. good news... I guess...

Robbie IS the man!!

It gives you about 1/2" more clearance than the stock... but you will have move the front torque arm bolt down a bit and suck up the limiter strap...so the top-inside of the track doesn't rub on the swing arm top tube. Changes the geometry a tad as well as well as decreasing the travel and affecting the ride... that much smaller driver brings the top-inside of the track down in contact with the swing arm front tube.

The stock 8 tooth 2.86" pitch is 7.25" dia..... 7 tooth 2.86" pitch is 6.37" dia

When we were working on these new ones he said he wouldn't make them as they were too small.... I wonder what changed his mind... Maybe Robbie will chime in here.

Just did a quick measure of the front torq arm wear bar to track on my 8 tooth 2.86 driver in my assault and there is 1-1/4" of clearance so it shouldn't be and issue there...

Assault/Dragon differences.

I have the 7 tooth 3" pitch Avid drivers that Robbie made for me in the pics above that started this "new driver thing" .... In my Dragon chassis... I have the Timbersled skid in my sled and it has a shorter wear bar than the stocker....I can barely stick my pinky finger between the two (just went to the barn and checked).

The skid is in the factory holes

My track is factory Polaris tight.

The 2.86" pitch 7 tooth drivers are even smaller than mine.

The Assault front torque arm mounting hole in the tunnel is lower than the RMK's/Dragons from what I've been able to see.... I think that would account for the difference between our two sleds in this dimension.

attachment.php

front mounts.jpg

Something that i've also noticed with the Assault being mounted lower is that the rail tips take a beating on the bottom,not the front of the tips but the bottom. remounted to the RMK position ate up some room.

I have the 7 tooth 3" pitch Avid drivers that Robbie made for me in the pics above that started this "new driver thing" .... In my Dragon chassis... I have the Timbersled skid in my sled and it has a shorter wear bar than the stocker....I can barely stick my pinky finger between the two (just went to the barn and checked).

The Assault front torque arm mounting hole in the tunnel is lower than the RMK's/Dragons from what I've been able to see.... I think that would account for the difference between our two sleds in this dimension.

attachment.php

Crap... I hope this works on my pro... Im changing tracks to the ch extrme 2.5 and i didn't want to d&r because i really like the balance of the sled.. I also forgot that fastrax d&r my assault last year so my 1-1/4" is not vaild on a stock sled... nor is it vaild on a dragon and who the hect knows on a pro.... I really don't want to change what polaris did with the pro... I need more seat time.. more than 6 hours... But i do know i don't like the track... I also didn't like the front shocks and i would have liked to mess with the rear shocks/limiter strap that has NO adjustment before i roll with fastrax/timberland rear skid... But time will only tell... In the end im sure it will be Zbros. all the way around with a twist from krik @ fastrax's... Just wanted to have some $$$$ for next years pro-rmk 600 for the wife...... Guess she'll just have to ride the turbo Assualt for one more year.....lol.....

MH,

I have the 3" Avid 8tooth drivers & Timbersled skid. Have been considering going to a 7 tooth 3 pitch Avid driver so I could gain more clearance and avoid going with a D&R. The 8tooth worked OK but there was more clearance to be gained in the tunnel IMO.

Do you consider this worth the time & effort?

Thanks in advance,

akrevrider

Found some interesting comments on DooTalk when researching the Powerclaw and 3.0 drivers

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=343860

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:10 PM
3.0 track on 2.86 drivers is known to work. Note that only 1 tooth is contacting the track and carrying load at any given time, instead of several teeth engaging and spreading the load.

What would I expect over time as a downside? Maybe accelerated driver wear and/or tendency to throw clips. Nobody is complaining about either from what I can tell.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:33 PM
I ran my 3' pitch on my 2.86 drivers all year. Swapped out the track over the summer and didnt notice any abnormal wear on the drivers.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:28 AM
2.86 to 3.0 is .140"...actually only .070" do to the radious...
2.52 to 2.86 is .340"...now this is enough tocause issues...

My questions:
A) would this work for Polaris?
B) When we are talking a difference of .14" or .070 is there a way to machine a driver that keeps geometry stock?
C) What are the chances of Camoplast making a non-Powerclaw Powerclaw in 2.86" pitch

Really liked the Powerclaw on my Nytro. Don't want to F' up the handling of the Pro RMK.....

Interesting, would love to put a powderclaw on my 07 RMK, but don't have the money for different drivers.

here is the link to the NEW style drivers...they are listed under the Power Claw, but will work on all tracks in that pitch style..

https://www.avid-products.com/store/ProdDet.cfm?ProdID=132

spoke with Robbie, he is looking for inputs on how to label the new style drivers better on the wesbite cause he is getting lots of questions from guys that cant find them on the website..

let me know in this thread if you have an idea for him, i have to get back to him next week anyways..

How does the 7 tooth 3.0 pitch driver effect gearing and speed accuracy compared to the stock 2.86 pitch 8 tooth? Thinking about going from stock 155 2.4 to 162 ce 2.5, Defiantly need the extra space don't wanna take out front cooler or go d&r. Limited funds

here is the link to the NEW style drivers...they are listed under the Power Claw, but will work on all tracks in that pitch style..

https://www.avid-products.com/store/ProdDet.cfm?ProdID=132

spoke with Robbie, he is looking for inputs on how to label the new style drivers better on the wesbite cause he is getting lots of questions from guys that cant find them on the website..

let me know in this thread if you have an idea for him, i have to get back to him next week anyways..

Sean, I ordered a set yesterday from robbie for a powerclaw. Basically, we just referred to the newer drivers as the "Mountainhorse" drivers.

Not encouraging making his head any bigger than it already is (MH), but this will probably be the easiest way to label them.

new style drivers

Circumfedrence=Pitch*No of teeth
Diameter=circumference/3.1416

Mountainhorse Do you have any pics of the skid and track installed. I just ordered my powerclaw and will be ordering the drivers from avid tomorrow. Also what Antistab kit did you go with. Thanks Wayne

What would a change from the stock 8 tooth drivers to a 7 tooth do in regard of gearing.....?
I was plannig on regearing to 19-42 and buy anti ratchet drivers with stock pitch and 8 teeth, but if a 7tooth driver would give me almost the same result then Im money ahed! sled is a 2009 assault......

What would a change from the stock 8 tooth drivers to a 7 tooth do in regard of gearing.....?
I was plannig on regearing to 19-42 and buy anti ratchet drivers with stock pitch and 8 teeth, but if a 7tooth driver would give me almost the same result then Im money ahed! sled is a 2009 assault......

A lot of people really like the change in gearing going to a 7 tooth driver provides . I did it on an old edge and it flat woke that sled up.

The 7 tooth, 2.86 pitch driver is .875 the size of the stocker.

The gearing should be about .875 the ratio of the stock for the same track speed at a given jackshaft RPM.

2.86" x 8 teeth = 22.88" circumference....... 7.28" diameter ... 3.64" radius (this is stock on the RMK)

2.86" x 7 teeth = 20.02" circumference....... 6.37" diameter ... 3.19" radius

I got .455" difference between the 7 tooth and 8 tooth clearance.

The 7 tooth has almost a half inch more clearance than the stock driver on the stock track?

The 7 tooth, 2.86 pitch driver is .875 the size of the stocker.

The gearing should be about .875 the ratio of the stock for the same track speed at a given jackshaft RPM.

2.86" x 8 teeth = 22.88" circumference....... 7.28" diameter ... 3.64" radius (this is stock on the RMK)

2.86" x 7 teeth = 20.02" circumference....... 6.37" diameter ... 3.19" radius

I got .455" difference between the 7 tooth and 8 tooth clearance.

The 7 tooth has almost a half inch more clearance than the stock driver on the stock track?

So would you recommend putting a ce 2.5 track on a 7 tooth driver 2.86 Pitch on a Stock skid with the front cooler removed, would it have adequate clearance? Or, would you still recommend a drop and roll kit?

Premium Features

Back