• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with M7 turbo issue

skiierdude_99

Lifetime Membership
So I am running a M7, Boondockers turbo w/intercooler. I had to replace the reeds to solve some low end bog. I removed the intercooler, secondary injectors, etc to get the reeds replaced. I am also running an RK Tek head, which I had to replace the head "gasket." After I reassembled the reeds and head o-rings, those issues were solved.
When I went to go test the sled I have a new issue. When the turbo starts engaging/or boosting the sled losses power until the engine rpms slow down enough for it to recover. I have played with the adjustable waste gate and turned the boost down/up, the engine starts losing power when ever the boost starts picking up. I am pretty sure the issue is with the turbo system, but I don't know where to start.
Any suggestions of places to look, or things to check?

I'm no expert with turbos "yet" as i'm installing one right my now on m7 .But i would guess that you might have a boost leak after from being in there and installing the reed or possibly mistakenly unhooked some thing i would pressurize the system and lisen for leaks .Like i said I'm new the turbo just trying to help a guy out

Check your blowoff valve line for leaks at fittings under t/bodies and hose for holes. Make sure t/body boots have no leaks/cracks as well.

Premium Features

Back