• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

my VAN AMBURG ENT experience

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Curious if you know this, as in a family member took over operations at the VE shop, or are you just speculating why he had such poor customer relations?
Would make some sense, but curious if there is any merit to your comment?

My comment was general in nature, don't have knowledge of this specific company , but as a company grows, especially a mom and pop type, time off is deserved and needed. If its family that is being groomed, quite often that family member gas grown up enjoying that success , causing the work ethic and desire to succeed to be somewhat less than the original.
And its tough to find employees that care as much as owners, and if you do, it's tough to keep them.

R
Mar 8, 2013
Also another thing to factor when purchasing their products is that their rivets are in fact too long. I had to grind all of mine down . I'd expect at minimum they would know this and at least R&D their product to ensure there's no issues on a simple thing like that. If a person pays 69.99 for the CORRECT rivet kit, he probably expects that it's the correct kit! All i ask is that all future customers be wary.. snowmobile products is just a side job for them.. they've got contracts with the city of yakima working on other large scale operations. their heart is definitely not in the sled market anymore.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Also another thing to factor when purchasing their products is that their rivets are in fact too long. .

how are they locking effectively if they are ground down..??

I have looked at a few of their products that im interested in and I think I will definitely give them a try..

rp2000r

Lifetime Membership
Sep 28, 2011
Bothell, WA
I usually wouldn't post about a Company and or how their service is but have been watching this thread since it started.

In November I ordered a Pro bumper, tunnel plates and front bumper.
I initially emailed them and no reply.
Placed my order, wasn't given a total or ship date but was told we are headed out of town and and will be back Monday.

I assumed the items would ship that week.
2-3 Weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything and my card hadn't been charged so I made a call to them and said I would like to cancel my order because I needed the parts and snow was here and they said ok and hung up......

Wasn't the worse experience and wasn't the best..
The following day I called OTS, They had the 2 of the parts I needed and the price was cheaper. I placed my order on a Monday and had my parts Wednesday.

That was my experience...:face-icon-small-dis

Wyopowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2013
I have the Most Wanted Performance front, rear bumper and tunnel support great product great service great price give them a call

S

sledless bdh

Nov 4, 2008
Hermiston, Oregon
Our experience with VEI

My wife and I were at a snow show and met Mike and Liz. We talked about some aftermarket parts and modifications regarding some issues on the pro's. My wife, all her life, has never ever modified anything from stock. She gets mad at me when I look at her sled or vehicle and think of a mod or some aftermarket addition.

After talking with Mike and Liz for about 45 mins we decided to do some work to her new sled. VEI installed an additional rear cooler and bulkhead supports and my wife spent the weekend staying at their house learning how to work on her own sled, installing her new front bumper and rear bumper.

I realize that everyone's experiences will not be the same. However, we had an amazing experience with them and will continue to do business with them. I would recommend them to anyone asking. I also would recommend anyone needing anything to do with snowmobiling aftermarket parts to start early and try and be done by October......with snow shows and a busy 4-5 month season, all aftermarket people are crazy busy. Just try calling Indy Dan right now for some motor work.......

Austin

Premium Features