• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mtn tk tunnel shortening kit leak

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I've installed the CR kit. Definitely a great option for guys that want above oem level cooling with a chop.

Also great when you need to pull a leaky mtntk kit and you didn't save the oem crossover tube.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We did chop and used the MNT Tek kit. Works great. No leaks. We did notice our kit did come with Permatex RTV silicon not epoxy. And we also added a extra step in cleaning the aluminum. We used Sodium Hydroxide to etch the inside of the cooler. We wanted to make it was super clean and etched to adhere better to the RTV. The rest we fallowed the instructions to the letter.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
We did chop and used the MNT Tek kit. Works great. No leaks. We did notice our kit did come with Permatex RTV silicon not epoxy. And we also added a extra step in cleaning the aluminum. We used Sodium Hydroxide to etch the inside of the cooler. We wanted to make it was super clean and etched to adhere better to the RTV. The rest we fallowed the instructions to the letter.
They came with epoxy and rtv. Rtv was for the hoses and epoxy for the tunnel peices

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
They came with epoxy and rtv. Rtv was for the hoses and epoxy for the hoses.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Our kit didn't come with any epoxy. Just he RTV. Been working great.

Premium Features