• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mont Valin.Quebec..March 19-22

A
Mar 26, 2008
Montreal Quebec.
Camera012.jpg

Camera011.jpg

Camera043.jpg

Camera036.jpg

Camera026.jpg

Camera016.jpg

Camera013.jpg

A
Mar 26, 2008
Montreal Quebec.
3rd pic is the powerlines where the trail crosses under right near valinouet? a classic spot....did you guys head north in those lines towards poulin courval?
ya we went by the lake...there is some little hydro poles that run up behind the lake...unless you want to take the trail.which is the long way..the climbing hill with powder pics..is off the trail bras louis...its at mile marker 14 or 13..if you are coming from valinouet it will be on your left..its pretty good for around quebec..its alot bigger than anything around the powerlines...went to another spot that was showen to me by one of the locals a few years ago..and did not see a track in the woods for over. 80 .ks trying right now to get my buddy to go again..they just got 2' plus in the past week..you seem to know the area...when do you go..do you want to go:D:D...I go atleast 2 times a year..jack..162 apex ..136 attack....where is this place...probably been there..just dont know..I only pay attention to my fuel gage..lol..

Oct 8, 2008
quebec,canada!!
im just getting into off trailing ,i have a nytro xtx 144...i suck but getting used to it lolll im changing for a 2010 summit or m8..im actually from montreal and ride alot of the powerlines in the laurentians.

but in that pic of the powerlines have you ever headed north on them? i know on the 3rd pic once you get to the top its a dead end cliff and to get around you have to take a trail around but ive never done it since all my buddies have 121s..

id definately go backkk but my budget is broken for this year,i started my season beggining of november and finish it this weekend

Oct 8, 2008
quebec,canada!!
ya we went by the lake...there is some little hydro poles that run up behind the lake...unless you want to take the trail.which is the long way..the climbing hill with powder pics..is off the trail bras louis...its at mile marker 14 or 13..if you are coming from valinouet it will be on your left..its pretty good for around quebec..its alot bigger than anything around the powerlines...went to another spot that was showen to me by one of the locals a few years ago..and did not see a track in the woods for over. 80 .ks trying right now to get my buddy to go again..they just got 2' plus in the past week..you seem to know the area...when do you go..do you want to go:D:D...I go atleast 2 times a year..jack..162 apex ..136 attack....where is this place...probably been there..just dont know..I only pay attention to my fuel gage..lol..

apparently this place poullin courval is something like100km north of valinouet by logging roads and lakes,id love to go but a gps,lots of spare gas and maps would be a good idea. soo many places to explore so little time...you almost need to go in the spring when the snow is hard packed and make a trail with your gps

A
Mar 26, 2008
Montreal Quebec.
the poles

yes I have been there...well to the north..like I said..you can go by the poles at the north end of the last lake before valetnouet..there are poles you fallow to get past the clif..or go the long way and take the bras louis...too long...but went as far as the gas would go..and also bring 3 gals..too..but next year i am going with a 5 gal can and my son will be there too..he is 14 and has been driveing the wifes sled on trails since he was 8...ya and he got a ticket last year in ile bizzard...500 $ for no drivers lisence..and 150 $ no regie...and did i get **** from them for that,, the wife was pissed about the cops giveing us a ticket..my wifes sled is a 136 attack..2007..but am putting a V E tunnel and mountain tamer with an extrem 162 on it...g-2 skis..and still thinking of a S.C...just worried about the turn the key thing...turbo has lag..better for climbing hills...SC..is intant responce...better for boondocking and also for playing in bumps...turbo is like a digital camera..it takes a second to work..lol....not worth tradeing in...she never rode it hard..and its now 16000..for one..and you cannot get an apex mountain in canada any more...just nytro..and sorry but i do not like the ride at all...would go to a 2-stroke if i had to use a nytro..just dont like that forward tippy feeling i get...you say a 2-smoke...you should really try my apex mountain..brfore you go to 2-smoke..yes its cheaper..but i would never go back..had a summit.800 H O..2005..and my wife had a vector 2006...thank god some guy backed up and pined my trailer and drove away:eek:...so i got a mountain apex 162 and my wife got a 136 attack..her vector was 1200 ks and it was with yammie for full replacement the first year...cost nothing to get a new one..just money for up grade...;).the power is more predictable with the 2-stroke..does not hit the power band and scream..power start to finish...and i think it climbs better...and no smell and no oil and no plugs and ..and ..and..you get the point..lol.
i have maps of tremblant park..use to own a chasse pache store for 6 years...know all the roads to take off trail there..and in rouge mattwan..and also know where they log near montain noir..near saint donut..have maps there too...going to get the logging maps from saganae logging companie...they have them..then i shall really go off trail there..but i was taken by one of the bonbardie guys..ya an uncle or something..finally my age is working for me..lol..he showed me some cool spots in mont valin.. been to mont valin 14 times and try never to ride the trails..and usually there is some kind of trail for the wifes attack..and when it gets stuck..i have a rope and shovel for it..lol,, jack
if you would like..you can come over this summer and see me put the tunnel and stuff on.

Oct 8, 2008
quebec,canada!!
sweeeeet your a book of information and i thought i new alot, ive always wanted to ride the st donat and mont de cenelles area but have no clue where to go, next winter we can hit it up(as long as we dont get caught in the park hahah)
ive tryed and apex mountain and way too heavy for me,im not able to control it properly lol if it was 150lbs lighter id jump on it! im gone guiding in northern quebec all summer but when i get back id love to see your sleds, where abouts in montreal are you from? i live in two-mountains

Premium Features