• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Man Cave/Trophy Room...Let er Rip!

the thing i hate is when a deck gets added in construction and i want to go out a rim joist in the main building space in the center and what is on the other side..the deck joist smack dead center..lol..it could have been so simple to carry the same line..glad there is guys like you..

floor joists

Getting the subfloor on next week. We are using 1 1/8 subfloor, it is going to be very stable.

floorjoists.jpg

subfloor and walls

got the subfloor down and starting on some wall framing. Gonna try to get them all up and set some trusses in the near future.

Walls.jpg

So being this is a MAN/trophy cave, is the young lady walking through a trophy?:face-icon-small-coo

Oh boy...That is my buddies 13 YEAR OLD daughter.:face-icon-small-sho

She will probably be the one filling it. She shot a heck of a nice bull last year (330 class) and has taken several deer with her bow. She is a great kid.

Oh boy...That is my buddies 13 YEAR OLD daughter.:face-icon-small-sho

She will probably be the one filling it. She shot a heck of a nice bull last year (330 class) and has taken several deer with her bow. She is a great kid.

haha i was gonna say she looks a little young...even for me! lol

haha. Oh man. I was way way kidding. Seriously. Just find it funny that the secretive man cave has full on girl/woman support at this stage. See, I thrive on technicalities.:face-icon-small-dis

Love the 48" door!

That should be code!

That is actually a 64" x 96" opening. It is a double patio door with a full light kit that has integral blinds inside the glass. It might just look like that because the walls are at 12' 3" right now. They will be 12' 4 1/2" when the top plate is on. The window next to it is 90" x 48". We wanted to do large openings so it doesn't look like a hobbit house with normal size standard 36" x 80" doors. It will also have really good blinds to keep the direct sunlight to a minimum during the majority of the day, since sunlight can fade mounts. The roof system should be interesting, they are vaulted scissor trusses that tie into a balloon framed wall on one end. My carpentry skills are getting a decent workout on this little deal.

more pics

no bare dirt. Concrete or a vapor burrier with fan will reduce radon. Heck they have even gotten to the point where radon will come up through sump pits and have special sealed lids now.

Needs to be ventilated and capped.

There will be an 8 mil vapor barrier on the crawlspace floor. Ventilated crawlspaces in my humble opinion are a thing of the past in our climate. We have little to no humidity, the water table in the area I am in is of no concern, and they let out more heat into the atmosphere. We are doing a spray foam insulation/batt combo and I want to keep it as tight as possible. All our walls are framed for the most part, we need to erect our vaulted trusses next. I am off to Vegas this weekend for my bachelor party, so it will be next weekend. I can get some more comprehensive pics the next time I am working.
interior.jpg

Premium Features

Back