• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m925 turbo info needed

I have a RKT 925 bigbore on my 08 m8 with a boondocker rg turbo. I have a 36/46p helix from boondocker, Cutler adjustable turbo weights 75g base loaded to 80 grams, 11-1 turbo head from RKT, running 8-10 psi. I currently just merged the numbers i used last year with boondockers numbers and its not to bad around the lard but i messed my back and cant ride for a bit and would like it as close as possable when i do get to ride. Questions are,
-What helix have people used for this?
-How much weight and or should i use something other than cutlers?
What springs? i have stock orange in secondary and slp black in the primary120-310 if i remember right.
-If any one has a good bd numbers for this i would compensate for the time you spent tuneing.
-What rpm has worked for you? I was gona run 8200 were i ran the bb.
Thanks for any info.

turbo setup

Your setup is close to my 1000, same r.p.m. helix but I run cutler 95 gram weights cat black primary spring cutler orange in cutler secondary, I would bet your close to my h.p. and would bet you could pull more weight in your primary

Twisted has put a bunch of 925s on the snow I would ask them. Also Kevin at Kmod has run a few that are super strong and he would probably be a great source also.

Any more on this would be great. I started messing with it and cant get it to pull rpm right. so far down to 78grams in the 75 base cutler turbo weights, 120-310 primary, orange secondary with 36/46p helix. I have gotten it to run pretty good but advice on weather to pull fuel from base rpm ranges or psi. Ive gotten it to run decent either way. So far up to 7500 rpm max and just under 1100 degrees.

Well after messing aroung a bit and talking to bd. Heavier primary spring and a bit less weight and some better numbers to run and some insight into the control box. Think i may try mmsports clutch kit because it may work better with the bb on the bottom. First ride sunday lets see if i can blow it up.:face-icon-small-hap

Well as i expected the clutching is off. Now for the question mmsports clutch kit? Or different weights and leave the helix alone? Or different helix and leav the weights alone? Leaning towards the mmsports clutching any experience?

Well as i expected the clutching is off. Now for the question mmsports clutch kit? Or different weights and leave the helix alone? Or different helix and leav the weights alone? Leaning towards the mmsports clutching any experience?

I tried mmsports clutching. I liked it over all, but it did not rev up quick enough for me in the tight trees. I think it would be great for straight climbs. I tried swapping back in the bd helix 46/36 and kept the rest of the mmsports clutching and loved it in the trees. Found it much more responsive on the bottom and pulled harder over all compared to bd clutching. I have a stock m8 engine with bd race gas kit. With you having the big bore kit mmsports clutching may be perfect for you. I was just missing a little bottom end. Hope this helps.

I was thinking the same thing but it is realy soggy in the bttom right now. Mayb im just used to the bb. But i may have to see if it could be the porting in the 925. I'll see if i can round up a set of cat 80's to try and the it'll be mmsports.

What have you tried for clutching? As for numbers i will have to look. I used RKT N/A numbers and bd boost fuel numbers and fiddled till it run smooth and egts looked good. I took quite a bit of fuel off the boost fuel number. I talked to Kelsey and he said it will be a bit laggier because of the N/A porting but will have a bit more on the top. And also recomended more like a 34/42 with the heavy tip weights. And to try the slock 36 and see if the lag in the bottom is still there and if it keeps hunting as it is right now. But it will probably over rev pretty bad. Thats were I'm at. So many things to try so little time and so few parts on hand. lol

Premium Features

Back