• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 RMK edgeworks 860 info

G
Jul 10, 2020
Bought a sled with this big bore kit on it, Owners wife didn't know much and he has passed away so no info there.
I am mainly just looking for info about the kit, HP ( I know that may be different depending on what options if any with the kit ) Has a set of SLP twin pipes on it and appears to have
the Correct ecu.
Sled starts right up and idles well, Haven't run a compression test on it yet.
If anyone runs this kit I could use info on it in general, not sure about clutching but it appears to have been changed in the primary. Looks like a black spring and no idea on the weights.
All of that will probably come out just so I can freshen it up and peace of mind.
Then I'll move the the BoonDocker turbo sled and do the same.

G
Jul 10, 2020
Just wanted to throw in a bit more info, its a 2009 polaris RMK 163, I may try to contract Carls cycle to see if you can still get domes for the heads. I think it is set up for a 112/91 octane blend of 8 gal of 91 octane and 4 gal of 112 if what is written on the hood is still correct ( waiting for a friend of the original owner/builder to call me to verify )
Having to mix in race fuel is a pain, I have a JetSki that I built years ago that has to have 100 octane fuel. That was when 5 gals cost maybe $20-25.00. Not any more huh.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Just wanted to throw in a bit more info, its a 2009 polaris RMK 163, I may try to contract Carls cycle to see if you can still get domes for the heads. I think it is set up for a 112/91 octane blend of 8 gal of 91 octane and 4 gal of 112 if what is written on the hood is still correct ( waiting for a friend of the original owner/builder to call me to verify )
Having to mix in race fuel is a pain, I have a JetSki that I built years ago that has to have 100 octane fuel. That was when 5 gals cost maybe $20-25.00. Not any more huh.
Any luck? Post pics. Most these 860 kits aren't much different than stock but sounds like yours has full case porting done. Hard to say without knowing what to look for (and looking)

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Premium Features