• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LSB - Cooke City Snow Conditions 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
L

LSB

Snow is finally starting to fall here in Cooke. It has been a beautiful fall with great weather allowing us to get things done outside, BUT its time to get amped up for winter. Ill be posting current riding conditions on here as well as improving upon those You Tube clips I started last year. That way you can really see whats up!

Check out our two web-cams too see our in town conditions as well.

moz-screenshot-2.png
netcam.jpg

moz-screenshot-1.png

and
remote2.jpg

Last edited:
L

LSB

Since you asked, Ill do you better and call them "Firecatguy Specials" !! I've got lots of options.

2 queens for 56
2 doubles for 51
Single rooms for 45

Rates are if you stay 2 nights or more.

We also have our suites and our private apartments across the street. We can split up the apartments or rent it as one large house for up to 8 people.

I don't run the heavy discounts on our suites but I'll go 10% off for the "Firecatguy Special"

Click this for pictures of SOME of our rooms.
We have a lot of room types, hopefully something will work for you.
http://www.cookecityalpine.com/rooms.html

Last edited:
N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
What kind of deal for presidents day weekend.

I believe the is the same weekend of Valetines day.

I will need a room with 2 queens. for two. for 3 or 4 nights from thurs latenight, through sunday night.

Thax Shad.

L

LSB

For Presidents day weekend we are almost full already. We run specials all year but NOT on holidays. There are a few times during the winter like New Years, Presidents Day, etc. where we don't offer specials.

I have a few rooms left which would work for you, but they will be normal rates.

As an update the Snotel is showing just over 2 feet at the base of Lulu right now. Ill keep you posted as it rises. It has been snowing on and off since yesterday afternoon. Wish me luck finding my elk!!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Whats the depth in the mountains? I think i will be up this next week some time for a test and tune ride.

L

LSB

Can a guy ride the roads yet?

There were snowmobile tracks on Lulu heading over the cut across to Daisy and up Daisy. So people apparently already are. Ive got some pics of where I stopped and started hiking. You can see we need a few more dumps to start going off trail, at least at that elevation. Edit: Im having a problem with posting up the pictures, not sure whats up.

cc111310a.jpg

cc111310c.jpg

cc111310d.jpg

cc111310e.jpg

Last edited:
C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
i took a drive up crevice (50 miles away from cooke) and at about 7000 feet there was about 8" on the road and it was snowing hard. Im going ridnig in the morning up hear in gardiner, but i'll be down this weekend. Thanks alot!

L

LSB

hahahaha shhhh... no but they are ridiculously better than the stock halogens that come on these things.

update: snow is still slowly accumulating. Its snowing consistently, again not a huge dump, but consistent. Im going to go hunting again and today Ill ride the Tundra up the road. Maybe get more pics higher up. Snotel is slowly rising.

Last edited:
L

LSB

Just got back, took the rzr and not the Tundra, I think tonight was the last night for the rzr. Its starting to pile up too quickly. This afternoon it started coming down much harder and hopefully it keeps this up.

We scraped the back drive off earlier and you can see 2-3 more inches on it since then. There was twice that higher up.

remote2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features