• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost boost

Need a little troubleshooting help. I've got a BD pump gas turbo on a 2009 M8. It recently started loosing boost. I first noticed I wasn't getting my RPMs then noticed I didn't hear the hiss of the turbo anymore. It spins and only gets to about 3lbs of boost. I'm thinking the Wastegate, but sure could use another perspective. Cheers!

Doug

Just get it in a warm shop and plug off exhaust and make an adapter for turbo inlet and air up machine, spray down with soapy water And look for bubbles.

When mine was not pulling more than 5lbs. I found that The rubber bellow in the BOV was pinched open...The boost line going from the Throttle Body to the BOV was broken...The Airbox was not tight, one side slide 1/2 inch back and forth...Exhaust gaskets for ypipe were trashed and the exhaust donuts were burned out. When I get it back together. should pull boost at that point.

Boost leak. Check all of above, and reed boots. The reed boot tears are almost invisible without a pressure test, or careful inspection once removed.

check your boost reference line from charge tube to boost transducer for leak, also check the poly sense line from ic/or charge tube to the controll box if its melted or cracked box wont sense boost correctly

Any updates? If you fixed it, let us know what fixed it, maybe it will help someone down the road.

My only thought is to adjust the waste gate or unhook the reference line and see if it boosts, if it does, you have a watergate problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features

Back