• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for info on 07 Toyota Tundra

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
OK you're on! :) I like the Silver Dollar. Especially when its free!;)

P.S. I dont have a 1\2 ton GMC. But I'll rent one.:D

slgdy,

Wont get passed by anything with a gas engine. I bet I could pass you in your Tundra and your two place enclosed with two sleds going up Jackson pass. With a stock GMC 3500 8.1L LWB pulling A four place enclosed with five sleds. Whats that? Not fair, big block vs small block. Well it is a much heavier (curb weight) pickup, and pulling a heavier load. Still not fair? OK I'll still do it with a new GMC 1500HD with a 6.0L. But with the same load as you.

American companies with parts coming from off shore profits still go to the USA. Profits as in money, cash, dollars, mullah, revenue. Not to some Asian country.

If your up this way I'll take that bet in a heartbeat,better like Jap Crow!!!!!!!:D

What kind of gas powered 1/2 ton am I going to Powell to compete against?

Acceleration Chev vs Toyota
0-30 2.7 sec 2.0 sec
0-40 3.9 3.2
0-50 5.4 4.5
0-60 7.7 6
0-70 10.1 8.1
0-80 12.7 10.5
0-90 16.2 13.3
Passing, 45-65 mph 4.3 3.2
Quarter mile 15.8 sec @ 89.1 mph 14.6 sec @ 93.6 mph

It will never compare to a diesel, I agree with that entirely, but when comparing it to ford/chevy/dodge 1500's there always people who say it is not powerful enough, there diesel is way stronger. Well great, your diesel is way stronger than every other 1500 too, but they never say that.

And on the assembly. How many of the "American" cars parts are made in the US? And they don't even "assemble" them here.

84.6 percent of GM is made in the US and Canada..:cool:

Acceleration Chev vs Toyota
0-30 2.7 sec 2.0 sec
0-40 3.9 3.2
0-50 5.4 4.5
0-60 7.7 6
0-70 10.1 8.1
0-80 12.7 10.5
0-90 16.2 13.3
Passing, 45-65 mph 4.3 3.2
Quarter mile 15.8 sec @ 89.1 mph 14.6 sec @ 93.6 mph

Is this info from Motor trend? If so take a better look at the rest of the article, the Chev is a 5.3 and the article rates the Chev above the Toy at the conclusion.:eek:

Is this info from Motor trend? If so take a better look at the rest of the article, the Chev is a 5.3 and the article rates the Chev above the Toy at the conclusion.:eek:

I believe that MT article was three part and in the end Toyota took the cake..........

I don't get the mag, all I could find was the '07 Tundra vs '07 Silverado head to head article. And according to that the Chev won overall. Also Chev won the 5 truck head to head in Car and Driver, Toy was third. I think the Tundra is a solid truck, and a person needs to buy what they want. I just take exception to someone making outlandish claims like their truck is the fastest thing with a gas engine. And backing up those claims with incorrect info. The challenge was a Chev 6.0 vs the Tundra. I'm kinda interested to see if those two end up having their pull off.......Besides it may be a fast 1/2 ton, but there is no way it'll take a v-10 or a 8.1 pulling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkool Polaris
Dont expect anything better than 4 mpg's hauling a trailer through the mountains. Spend even more money on electric brakes and cry and whine the whole way up the hill being passed because you can only go 40 mph. Sounds like a great truck to me. Nothing but an oversized tacoma with an electrical night mare waiting to happen.

That has not been my experience. May drop to 8 mpg's but won't get passed by anything with a gas engine. I can go as fast as I dare drive all the way up and over Jackson pass.

Ok, we were talking trucks, 1/2 ton gas powered trucks. This whole thing is becoming a he said, she said, thing. hurricane wanted info on Tundra's and as usual away we went. Slednoggin and Vertical Edge, Silver Dollar Grill, dinner is on me. :)

I spent 2 days in a D-cab limited 5.7 hunting on very rough bush roads and found the truck very solid and rattle-free. This truck was lifted with larger tires and we were bouncing through waterbars and such that a stock one (any 1/2 ton, they're all too low) would not get through period....even so, I would say it was the smoothest, quietest, most solid feeling truck I've driven off the pavement.

Seats are comfy, leather is of good quality, interior is VERY spacious. Unloaded, the motor has more snap than any pickup and I've driven them all. The big climate control/stereo knobs are very solid feeling when used. It even has a button on the turn signal stalk that kills the interior lights/guages while using the headlights which was neat!

Not a direct comparison to the latest/greatest, but we had an 06 F150 FX4 supercrew and my 03 Sierra SLT Z71 on the same trip....not even near the same level of all-of-a-piece feel. The GM/Chev's ride great on the highway, but get loosy-goosy in a hurry when the road turns rough, and the Ford is less powerful. Things like steering feel, turning circle, ride quality, etc are noticeably better on the Tundra.

If it was, those numbers should be disallowed. It said in the artical that the test crew had to disconect the "power robbing electronics" to get those numbers. Didnt say whether or not they did anything to help the Silverado's
times. It also did'nt say whether or not the Chevy had 4.10 rearend like the Toyota.

The Tundra is a very formidable challenger and Toyota will sell a ton. They have already sold more than GMC this year and might top Dodge. Or is that the other way around? Regardless, I'm disapointed that after all their bills are paid all the profit goes to the land of the rising sun.:( Believe me the Japanese don't like us, and love to see us below them. And they will and have put billions into doing it.

I believe in a few short years the top auto makers in the USA will be #1 Toyota #2 Honda #3 GM #4 Ford #5 Nissan #6 Chrysler. They're be beating us at our own game on our home court. Yes the U.S. auto makers need to step it up to the level of Asian countries. Their not far behind IMO.

sldgy thanks for the invite but I'll pay for you and VE.:D

Premium Features

Back