• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Live on Rabbit Ears

Dec 3, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/wxstory.php?site=gjt

I really hope this holds true. It's not a selfish wish either. Driving through last night really opened my eyes as to how much we need this or summer will be more miserable than a few years ago with all the fires.

The latest NAM models updated a few min ago show an increase in precip amounts. Man.....I need to get out of town and stop looking at this stuff all day long.

RE forcast:
Today: Snow. High near 32. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Low around 19. South southeast wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday: Snow. Some thunder is also possible. High near 32. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 17. West southwest wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Maybe so, but 36" base at the end of January isn't a good sign. last year this time we were playing in Area 54, dropping the overlook and doing all kinds of stuff. Try that this year and you are going to get hurt.

you dropped the overlook?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I just try to look at the positive side of every situation? Yes its been a slow start...but there is still more winter to come and I wouldn't count out any area for getting the snow they deserve.

I hope you get tons of white fun to turn that frown upside down. :beer;

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I just try to look at the positive side of every situation? Yes its been a slow start...but there is still more winter to come and I wouldn't count out any area for getting the snow they deserve.

I hope you get tons of white fun to turn that frown upside down. :beer;

me too, but this is birthday weekend so I'm ok with very little riding. Going to Fraser to the tubing hill and swimming.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Is your truck broken? There is plenty of places to ride if you want to. It looks like its time for a road trip...... Just think if people spent the time driving to the snow that they do complaining about the lack of snow they would get alot more miles in.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
No, not broken but I just drove 7 hours to come home from work in Utah, not really in the mood to drive another 6-7 hours to get to a place that has snow. Where I am located all of the places that are getting dumped on right now are a loooooooooooooong drive and expensive to boot. Diesel @ 3 bucks a gallon plus lodging. Just not worth it unless I can find peeps to split, but since most of the folks I ride with are from Denver that makes me out of the way to split drive costs. Besides I just drove 12 hours last weekend to ride the Snowies which were supposed to have good snow and that was a WASTE! They don't have it, just as bad there as it is here.

H

Hammertime

Nov 27, 2007
Arvada, Colorado
RE forcast:
Today: Snow. High near 32. South wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Low around 19. South southeast wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday: Snow. Some thunder is also possible. High near 32. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Friday Night: Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 17. West southwest wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

So on the low side we are talking about 6" and high side is "14" hmmmm tough call here might be worth the trip might not. I'd like to see the numbers "14" on the low side and 36 on the high side. :D

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
6" is better than 1". That's what she said!:D

She says 5 is better .. whoo hoo!

ktmstarterpicture.jpg

Look quickly boys, this post will get deleted in 10 min by the SW fuzz :eek:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
lmao.

Back on the Ear's tonight:eek: Coming home for flattops the weather got nasty on VP and degraded from there. Traffic was horrible so I cut up towards K town to come home the back way. Blizzard set in about 5 miles from 14 junction and decided I wasn't going to fight that for another 80 miles. So here I am in Dumont lot watchin the Vikes fight it out...Nail biter:eek: Great internet reception on the phone here though :D Snowing hard and BLOWING. Guess I gotta take the day off;) Hope the sun comes out :beer;:beer;

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Huh, that sucked! Nice job Saints (used to be the aint's) Both teams brought it and played a great game. In the end the refereeing played to big a role though. Saints were'nt the better team and the stats show that. Vikes choked on Adrian Peterson's mistakes. In the end, the Refs decided the game with crap calls. ah well. Before I die I hope to see the Vikes win a SB. Silly chit. Good thing the snow is getting primo or I'd be one beotchy bushy :D Let's ride!!

Last edited:
Premium Features