• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Leadville snowmobile question

D

druchti

Oct 23, 2009
SASQUATCH, MN
Hey was wondering if anyone from the area knows if u can ride from Leadville west over to Nast, CO. Is this possible at all?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Are you asking if there is enough snow or if you can actually do it? Nast is west of Ivanhoe and it looks like you can just take Frying Pan Rd from there. I've ridden to Ivanhoe from Eagle (Hat Creek/Crooked Pass) and from Leadville (Hagerman Pass), so I'm positive you can get to there. I'm not sure what that road condition is like, but sounds like an adventure.

D

druchti

Oct 23, 2009
SASQUATCH, MN
Are you asking if there is enough snow or if you can actually do it? Nast is west of Ivanhoe and it looks like you can just take Frying Pan Rd from there. I've ridden to Ivanhoe from Eagle (Hat Creek/Crooked Pass) and from Leadville (Hagerman Pass), so I'm positive you can get to there. I'm not sure what that road condition is like, but sounds like an adventure.

Hey ya I'm coming down for x games and I usually fish ruedi reservior witch is down near Nast ..I heard frying pan road is open all the way down to Nast but nobody has been able to tell me if I can ride sled from there up over towards hagerman ..just thought it would be cool to catch some trout and be able to rip sled in the same area while I'm down there

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
As I said, I know you can get from Ivanhoe to Hagerman. But keep in mind we have had a very poor year for snow. We are just getting our base built up now. Hagerman gets a lot of wind so it could be sketchy up there. I wouldn't be afraid to try, just take it easy.

Premium Features