• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM Edge eFire Goggle

Fans don’t work.

It brings in cold air which freezes humidity.

Plus it dries your eyeballs.

My CKX goggles get warm enough i feel it on my face. (It keeps my glasses defogged)
Hmm
What I have seen is that the Heated Lens vaporizes the humidity off the inner lens and the fan removes the humidity from the trapped internal airspace.

I've been (im)patiently waiting for these to come back in stock this fall. Every review I read of these last year was positive--from battery life to ease of use. Sounded like these truly are put them on and it "just works", without having to mess with any operation modes.

The Klim's are intriguing, and I'd consider them if they are better than the 509 Ignite and Ignite 2.0's I already own. But they are similar enough design-wise to the original 509 Ignite's, and with the price of the Klim vs Tempest, that I'm still leaning the Tempest route.

Have one full season with the Tempest heated goggles. Awesome units. Magnetic lens attachments. Battery is hidden and integrated into the side of goggles, you barely notice them. Charge with a common USB-C. Put them on and forget about them. No mode buttons to push. There are integrated sensors that detect moisture and turn the heating element on. Shut off on their own. Never had any battery issues after a 6 hour ride in storm conditions, only had one day of them fogging up but that day was an epic wet storm. They work! Price was $200 for a pair. Maybe wish field of vision was a bit wider but that might be my only complaint. Wore them with a 509 Altitude helmet, good fit.

I have a pair of Abom goggles which was/is a company out of Oregon and they’re now Tempest. I loved the fact that there’s no external battery and cord.
Work great. Biggest reason I got them was not having a cord to get hung up on whatever.

Attachments

• IMG_2398.jpeg
    IMG_2398.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Premium Features

Back