• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice Age Elevate Spindles

B
Nov 20, 2019
I just seen today that IceAge has Spindles out for the Khaos and Pro Rmk.. Would a guy be able to get away with just spindles on a pro Rmk or does it have to be the Khaos because of the rail geometry?

B
Nov 20, 2019
Thanks, I didn't realize about the Khaos length shock required for the limiter strap setting. I seen you needed the 8" wheels and rail for the Pro Rmk. I couldn't wrap my head around why if you are just raising the front end this morning. Need more coffee ?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
@IceAge Performance should be able to answer that for you!
That we can!

The need for rails on the RMK and not a Khaos is as follows.

AXYS RMK sleds have a more ski heavy design and the rear skid is preloaded forward. This design with just the added spindle height gets very ski heavy, and a habit of trenching because the weight is being carried on the skis and the rear tip of the rails. Overall we would consider this somewhat helpful in some scenarios but overall this is not an ideal configuration. By adding the khaos profile rails, dropping the front skid to the 'assault' hole in the tunnel and the spindles we were able to create a much better balance with the increased height. Still a focused capable machine like an RMK should be but with increased bulkhead/running board height. Because the weight bias of the sled is shifted slightly back it does make it react more to front/back weight transfer then a stock more. It is by no means a Khaos but it does get easier to pop the skis on demand.

Khaos sleds have VERY little ski pressure stock and tend to carry much more weight on the center skid shock. With the additon of just the spindles and minor shock preload settings we were able to create a well balanced sled. The perk of the elevate khaos over an RMK is you get the longer center shock and can keep the skid mounted up in the tunnel resulting in more usable suspension with the same geometry. The multi position limiter strap was added since the OEM and Fox Khaos shocks have additonal length to use. This allowed for guys (especially 162/163/165) to have a super fun and playful sled even in a mountain skid.

Our goal across the board is creating tuneable configurations that can be setup for your specific needs. We know riding style and sled setup can vary drastically so we want to do our best to make packages which can support the broadest range of riders possible.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
So IceAge, a rmk with the khaos rails, shocks, limiter strap. Could bolt the front suspension mount in the lower assault hole, and gain a bit more lift/ lighter feel ?

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
So IceAge, a rmk with the khaos rails, shocks, limiter strap. Could bolt the front suspension mount in the lower assault hole, and gain a bit more lift/ lighter feel ?

It can be, we did run it like this fora few rides for the sake of testing but it felt sort of like riding around on a ball. It was VERY light on the skis and pretty fun to blast around but also was a bit much to have confidence in tech situations. This was all tested on our shop 162 khaos with the '21 fox coils.

Tons of options for tons of riding styles. We are stoked to offer up so many new setups for the Polaris guys. From 'mild' to 'wild' we have setup options that should work for you and your riding style.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ordered my spindles this morning!

I want the new hybrid wheel for the rear but in 9in. Will that happen or, only making 8in?

Sent it

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Ordered my spindles this morning!

I want the new hybrid wheel for the rear but in 9in. Will that happen or, only making 8in?

Sent it

Heck ya! We can't wait to get you guys these kits, lots of time and effort went into this.

Hold tight on the 9's. Lots of new projects in motion and we had to push some of them back a bit in order to take on the big projects like Elevate!

For a Khaos. How much is the front bumper lifted with the spindles? Increased steering effort?

Obviously this varies with shock settings and how much ride in the shocks have. SKi pressure/steering effort we generally setup slightly more then a stock Khaos. We found the stock config although very light on the nose was fun resulted in the sled wandering a lot and lack of precision in the front end. Also due to the increased right height, we continually find ourselves riding less and less on 2 skis unless going in a straight line otherwise the sled is SO easy to roll onto one ski and whip around. Less and less 'flat' skis down turning and more carving even in sub par snow. The harder you ride the sled the more fun it gets.

The spindles generate 1" of additional chassis clearance at the front of the sled tapering down in the rear to around half an inch.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
We can't help you... But we sure can help your sled! ;)

installed_edited_69.jpg

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
@IceAge Performance,
When will these ship?
I don't have snow yet, but excited to get these installed .

Sent it
We are excited for you guys to get them!

Right now we have all of the components ready just waiting for the forgings back in from anodize so we can do the 2 tone machining and get them out. Hoping to see them leaving the shop in the next 2-3 weeks!

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Did someone say Axys elevate??
Parts are rolling off the machine steady now and we are filling backorders. We will have all orders filled and stock on the shelf by 10/28 so get your orders in so your builds can be ready! Snow is flying and its time to get your Axys / Khaos ready to go!

20201020_163510.jpg20201020_163450.jpg

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay guys,

For those of you who have ordered this kit, please report back when you get some seat time. I've been looking at these ever since they were released and if they work half as good as they look.......I'm thinking I may need a set!

Premium Features