• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How about our great President!!!

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Sorry to have missed out on all of this fascinating conversation this week, we've been in Wyoming snowmobiling.
Let me address the Keystone Pipeline comments.
Do you realize that this isn't a proposed project that was shot down, but it is an ongoing project with multiple millions of dollars already committed to equipment, inventory, easements and employees?

Just this morning on national news was a segment about a motel in Midland SD that was full the morning bidden sign the EO and empty that evening.
We drove by one of the lay-down yards full of pipe, dozers and excavators. Millions $ at just this one of dozens.

How can it even be possible to put up such a road block this far into a project?
And how could any of you be ignorant enough think that this is right?

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
You want the full detailed history? Here you go. Pipeline is built within the US. Phase 4 to canada didn't get built even with Trump's approval. Turns out states have interests also. Political hot potato. Has been for years. I would rather see a maple syrup pipeline if anything was coming from Canada.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You sir are part of the problem. We can't have people out driving dirty stinky diesels and having fun while others are suffering. That is why they are legalizing pot so everyone can stay at home. It is too dangerous out there. Even with a double mask. We don't need the oil. We don't need to sell product. If you have one ounce of decency left in you you need to move on. Plat a tree. You should plant a couple extra to replace the one's you ran over. This is a closed system.

stum1967

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central North Dakota
Sorry to have missed out on all of this fascinating conversation this week, we've been in Wyoming snowmobiling.
Let me address the Keystone Pipeline comments.
Do you realize that this isn't a proposed project that was shot down, but it is an ongoing project with multiple millions of dollars already committed to equipment, inventory, easements and employees?

Just this morning on national news was a segment about a motel in Midland SD that was full the morning bidden sign the EO and empty that evening.
We drove by one of the lay-down yards full of pipe, dozers and excavators. Millions $ at just this one of dozens.

How can it even be possible to put up such a road block this far into a project?
And how could any of you be ignorant enough think that this is right?
It is almost impossible to teach common sense to a bunch of people that have already drank the kool-aid. it will take a year or so before they might realize the damage, but probably won't admit it then either.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
You want the full detailed history? Here you go. Pipeline is built within the US. Phase 4 to canada didn't get built even with Trump's approval. Turns out states have interests also. Political hot potato. Has been for years. I would rather see a maple syrup pipeline if anything was coming from Canada.

Thank you.
That clearly illustrates my point of how wrong it is to obstruct a project that has had full approval for seventeen months, and tens if not hundreds of millions invested into production.
It's long past the point of moving the goal post.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Yeah we could really use that Canadian oil so we can make more Trump 2020 signs. He should have made the Mexican wall out of plastic. Missed opportunity but he isn't known for his well thought out plans.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Yeah we could really use that Canadian oil so we can make more Trump 2020 signs. He should have made the Mexican wall out of plastic. Missed opportunity but he isn't known for his well thought out plans.
You really are as sharp as a marble, aren't you.
We don't need to agree on whether the pipeline is bad, good or somewhere in between.
The travesty at hand is the throwing up obstacles at this point.
It is comparable to changing rules of the game at halftime.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
An unfinished oil pipeline is a travesty?

How about real travesty? Like drinking water? You know that thing we need to stay alive!

Fix our water supply infrastructure.

Yes it is even happening in Nebraska

Is clean water and improved infrastructure to get people that water more important than an oil pipeline? Why not?

Oh wait..I forgot you guys care more about money than human health and standards of living. That one always trips me up. I looked for links to foxnews articles about this type of story and they don't seem to care either. Just blame throwing for Flint. Maybe they like their viewers ignorant about anything that doesn't paint America as great. Keep the political outrage and fear mongering up and ignore the crumbling decay of current infrastructure and increase in the wealth and power gap between us and the corporate interests. I'm looking at you Nestle. The companies that bottle municipal tap water and sell it back to us at a fat profit.

Last edited:
J
Jan 15, 2010
You really are as sharp as a marble, aren't you.
We don't need to agree on whether the pipeline is bad, good or somewhere in between.
The travesty at hand is the throwing up obstacles at this point.
It is comparable to changing rules of the game at halftime.
The same project that had been stopped by the previous administration? How was re-starting it after that point any different? Donny changed the rules at halftime, old joe changed em back. Donny shoulda let sleeping dogs lie but he needed to re-start a dead obsolete project to rile up his base.

It’s kinda hard to be sympathetic to the companies that are on the short end of this-it’s not like they didn’t understand the risks going in. Investing in pipelines these days is like investing in typewriters in the 1980s.

It’s not like oil is totally going away. It’ll be around for centuries if it’s used wisely in conjunction with other resources....

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Now we're talking water rights I see , how about if you go back a few more years like say 1902 .
There is a fix but for the politicians and the instant gratification generation this planet will recycle sewage instead because we have the technology .

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
An unfinished oil pipeline is a travesty?

How about real travesty? Like drinking water? You know that thing we need to stay alive!

Fix our water supply infrastructure.

Yes it is even happening in Nebraska

Is clean water and improved infrastructure to get people that water more important than an oil pipeline? Why not?

Oh wait..I forgot you guys care more about money than human health and standards of living. That one always trips me up. I looked for links to foxnews articles about this type of story and they don't seem to care either. Just blame throwing for Flint. Maybe they like their viewers ignorant about anything that doesn't paint America as great. Keep the political outrage and fear mongering up and ignore the crumbling decay of current infrastructure and increase in the wealth and power gap between us and the corporate interests. I'm looking at you Nestle. The companies that bottle municipal tap water and sell it back to us at a fat profit.
What do your examples have to do with the Keystone?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It’s not like oil is totally going away. It’ll be around for centuries if it’s used wisely in conjunction with other resources....
Correct.
Oil is not going away.
Pipeline has proven to be the safest as well as the most efficient & most environment friendly method of transporting it from point a to point b.
So if a company is willing to invest in this infrastructure it is an obvious win/win scenario. The jobs, and tax revenues are further incentive to embrace this.

Thank you for making my point.

Reactions: Hawkster

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Conversations are like duck shooting with some of you people . A particular 2021 Camaro that has copper infused break pads can not be distributed in the state of Washington and California because they kill salmon . Focusing on a problem and fixing it no longer has common sense .

What ever it takes to get an agenda , to hell with the future and the next generation so we'll build things like say electric cars and they can figure out how to dispose those toxins .

At least those camaros can drive threw those states ......... Makes that much sense .

Reactions: Timbre
J
Jan 15, 2010
Correct.
Oil is not going away.
Pipeline has proven to be the safest as well as the most efficient & most environment friendly method of transporting it from point a to point b.
So if a company is willing to invest in this infrastructure it is an obvious win/win scenario. The jobs, and tax revenues are further incentive to embrace this.

Thank you for making my point.

No, the point is that oil will continue to be used in areas where substitutes are not feasible and phased out in others. The demand has peaked. The US produces as much oil as you use. There are other pipelines including trans mountain that will still bring plenty of bitumen from Alberta to the US. Why build more infrastructure for something that’s not needed?

The only reason Donny resurrected keystone XL is because Obama didn’t approve it and Donny is a spiteful little bitch.

Now that we have beaten that to death again, how about Donny’s whole legal team quitting because they wouldn’t push his lies about the election in the very constitutional senate trial?

Reactions: simple
S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
That's not a conspiracy theory to them so it will not be worthy of discussion.

They still want to discuss the election was stolen, Biden is a deep state operative, antifa stormed the Capitol, China created Covid19 in a lab and lasers created wildfires or some other batshit ideas.

Premium Features