• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helmets for Glasses

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
A best friend of mine is 67 and I got him to buy a 2014 x 154.
Has all the Klim gear now but have not figured out a helmet for him.
He wears glasses - what brand/model of helmet and goggles can he wear so he does not have to remove his glasses?
...and im teaching him to sidehill, so hes gona be in for a bit of a workout, haha

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Open face helmet with Scott OTG goggles breaths best and fogs least.
I wear only over the glasses version even over my electric 509’s I leave in the trailer.

A
Feb 2, 2023
Rotterdam
A best friend of mine is 67 and I got him to buy a 2014 x 154.
Has all the Klim gear now but have not figured out a helmet for him.
He wears glasses - what brand/model of helmet and goggles can he wear so he does not have to remove his glasses?
...and im teaching him to sidehill, so hes gona be in for a bit of a workout, haha
There are several options for helmets and goggles that work well for individuals who wear glasses. Some brands, such as 509 and Gmax, offer helmets with removable ear pads and cheek pads that provide enough space to accommodate glasses. Additionally, there are helmet and goggle combos, such as the Smith Maze helmet and goggle, which have a large field of vision and a design that accommodates glasses wearers. It is recommended to try on different helmets and goggles to determine the best fit for your friend's head shape and comfort.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
CKX 210 heated goggles. (Can plug into sled or run battery pack)

Work 10x better than 509’s.

Open face snowboard helmet. (Lightweight and easy to breathe down)

In my 20 years of sledding this is the first and only “no compromise” solution.

I don’t remove goggles all day, tree riding, stucks, lunch etc.

Premium Features