• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hay Days

Hey KSH,

I can save you the trouble........He's not impressed with how the new location is coming along and he feels they should have more done at the new site at this point. No fences up yet and it looks like they are going to be a bit light on parking. Also there will be no selling outside the gates this year because of an ordinance passed against it. He has been going for 20 years (and makes a point to tell you) so take it how you want.

However after you read what he had to say he takes a jab at the Sno-Barons because they have a brand new club house on the property and then he says "but don’t ask to join". So it kind of makes his entire "review" seem like a bitter rant because they won't let him join.

But that is just what I got from the Google search of what he said.

Disclaimer; This is my opinion of what he said and while I could have copied his post word for word he obviously did not want it here so I didn’t. Haydays is the Sno-Barrons money maker and I don’t think anybody is expecting the first year at the new location to be perfect. But if it starts to get worse every year then people will just stop going (See Minneapolis Snowmobile show). But 5 weeks from today we will know exactly how it went and we can rant and rave all we want. But I think I’ll hold off judging them until after the event.;)

Hey KSH,

I can save you the trouble........He's not impressed with how the new location is coming along and he feels they should have more done at the new site at this point. No fences up yet and it looks like they are going to be a bit light on parking. Also there will be no selling outside the gates this year because of an ordinance passed against it. He has been going for 20 years (and makes a point to tell you) so take it how you want.

However after you read what he had to say he takes a jab at the Sno-Barons because they have a brand new club house on the property and then he says "but don’t ask to join". So it kind of makes his entire "review" seem like a bitter rant because they won't let him join.

But that is just what I got from the Google search of what he said.

Disclaimer; This is my opinion of what he said and while I could have copied his post word for word he obviously did not want it here so I didn’t. Haydays is the Sno-Barrons money maker and I don’t think anybody is expecting the first year at the new location to be perfect. But if it starts to get worse every year then people will just stop going (See Minneapolis Snowmobile show). But 5 weeks from today we will know exactly how it went and we can rant and rave all we want. But I think I’ll hold off judging them until after the event.;)

I live 15min from track friend lives less than a mile......cant join club....so maybe yes just maybe I am partial to the club ways!!!!

how far away do you live? welcome to my area!!!spend your money and get out out...thanks

glad the club by your house let you join..........maybe I can become a drifter????oh wait thats too far away...bwhahahhah

I live 15min from track friend lives less than a mile......cant join club....so maybe yes just maybe I am partial to the club ways!!!!

how far away do you live? welcome to my area!!!spend your money and get out out...thanks

glad the club by your house let you join..........maybe I can become a drifter????oh wait thats too far away...bwhahahhah

I thought you lived in St. Paul Park and isn't that on the southeast side of the metro? Is that 15 mins from the new track in sunrise township?

Anyway I live in Ham Lake....About 35-40 miles closer to the new track then you do (and I'm still not 15 mins from the new track). The Lake of the Woods Drifters is the club at my cabin which also happens to be the club my father runs the groomer for and I'm a member.

Would this mean that you are coming more to my area to go to haydays?

I thought you lived in St. Paul Park and isn't that on the southeast side of the metro? Is that 15 mins from the new track in sunrise township?

Anyway I live in Ham Lake....About 35-40 miles closer to the new track then you do (and I'm still not 15 mins from the new track). The Lake of the Woods Drifters is the club at my cabin which also happens to be the club my father runs the groomer for and I'm a member.

Would this mean that you are coming more to my area to go to haydays?

been in pine city for over 18years....north side of the lake.......any more questions?

its smart azz people like you that take from these threads....it was my opinion if you dont like it..............

DONT FUWKING READ IT!!!!!!

I dont want MR Northsleddude changing my words so here is what I said.........I dont think this is something to get so pissy over but then again I see i twisted some people feathers!!!!!!!Moderator at that......you should loose any mod status you have as you are looking for arguments!!!!!!

its going to be a cluster fuwk.........not enough room!!!!its bigger place but has less usable room!!!!not even touched the track yet its waist high weeds still!!!!!the swaps are the lowest spot in the place if it rains its going to flood the swaps....the roads are super deep loose sand.....not a fence in site yet!!!!the parking lot they say every one has to park in is smaller than the old swap area!!!!and the lady who runs the place says their will be no out-side sales!!!!!the sheriff will be tagging any one who does!!!!!the had the county pass an ordinance to stop it!!!the P\k lot is a block or so away but they are going to have tractors and trailers to take you back and forth!!!!!!they will have them them inside to drive you around entire place just like a hay ride....but you cant ride it if you have any items that you bought.....Bam films is having a "how to ride out-west course"not sure what she ment but thats what she said........

the good news is...they have 4 beer tents....one at beginning of track one at end of track...one in the swaps and one by food court!!!!!

and my concern with this track is founded on the Idea that the old track had clay brought in with a Kentucky blue grass on top for traction...underwater sprinklers and all!!!!!!nothing at the new spot!!!!!!

and to touch on the joining the club!!!I sent another email today here what i had to say.......

message: "Hi I live in pine city and now that you are closer to our area i was woundering about joining the club and also like to help out at the events...how would i go about doing this?"

Here is what i got in return.........
"All new members need to be sponsored into the club by an exsisting member. We also limit our membership to 120 and keep a waiting list when that happens. We limit to 120 because it's hard to find places to stay when snowmobiling that can acomodate more than that.
Marc"

disclaimer:::::sorry if this offends any of you!!!!!!!but it is my opinion!!!!

Last edited:
been in pine city for over 18years....north side of the lake.......any more questions?

its smart azz people like you that take from these threads....it was my opinion if you dont like it..............

DONT FUWKING READ IT!!!!!!

If you had your location correct in your profile then I would have never questioned you on that.

AND

If you had posted your opinion here in the first place I might not have screwed with you. But since you were having some "fun" with your first post in this thread I deceided to have some also.

Maybe we'll see you at Haydays. I'll make sure to leave my "mod" hat at home so we can talk like normal people as I see that bothers you.

I think I will drive there and take some pics. I really don't want my out of state friends coming here for a bad time. I will post them here. I really dont think in this economy that this event will survive like it was in the past.

Never heard of a club that did not want more members. Just doesn't sound right. As for outings that not everyone can go to because places can't handle over 120, sounds strange. I don't think I have seen an entire club go anywhere together. First come first serve would be an easy way to solve that problem. Must be some underlying issue I am not aware of. Really sounds strange though! Just saying...................

The not adding more members has been a strange issue for years. There have been a lot of rumors about why they don't add any more. But they are the only club I have ever heard of that's like that.

The not adding more members has been a strange issue for years. There have been a lot of rumors about why they don't add any more. But they are the only club I have ever heard of that's like that.

The limited membership has been in place for a long time. One of the reasons is that they want people in the club that are there for the right reasons. Meaning a lot of people think they get a big chunk of change from Haydays, or new sleds, or super models, or what ever. That's not true. They want people who enjoy riding and aren't afraid of hard work without much of a reward. Another thing is that with limited membership a clique can't bring in a bunch of new members to vote on issues and make dramatic changes to the way things are run. Haydays hasn't grow into the world's largest snowmobile event by mistake. The Sno Baron's isn't your typical club. There's a bit more at stake than who's running the groomer or how to pay for it.

If anyone want's to become a Sno Baron all they have to do is befriend a current member and have them sponsor you. There is a waiting list but they add new members every year. It's not too tough, unless you're anti-social. :peep:

Back to Haydays,
I hope they do a better job separating the legitimate vendors from the sh!t peddleing junk swappers.
I want to see what the real vendors have to offer without having to walk miles & miles through loser heaven.

Last edited:
Back to Haydays,
I hope they do a better job separating the legitimate vendors from the sh!t peddleing junk swappers.
I want to see what the real vendors have to offer without having to walk miles & miles through loser heaven.

Should be two seperate areas. "Real vendors" are not allowed in the swap area acording to their rules. But I don't think you will ever be able to control the quility of the swap meet.

But hey, if your looking for a 1974 lawn boy push mower recoil I'm sure you will be able to find one. :face-icon-small-dis

We will be in the vendor section!! Looking forward to FINALLY doing Haydays.

Quite frankly I can't believe Sno Barons can pull this event off as UNORGANIZED as they are.

My rant:
Lets see.....wait until August to return my phone call and numerous emails. Get pissy with me when I call them back and ask to reserve my spot. Charge my credit card IMMEDIATELY but offer NO details as far as where we are, what time we can set up, confirmation number, power??, wireless internet?? etc....

The kicker....because it's now September EVERY ONE of the 5 hotels within a reasonable driving distance is FULL. Gates open at 7am from what I gather which means we will have to wake up at 4 a.m. to get to the show 1 hour before the show starts. AWESOME!!:Cry:

I'm done now.:face-icon-small-hap

We will be in the vendor section!! Looking forward to FINALLY doing Haydays.

Quite frankly I can't believe Sno Barons can pull this event off as UNORGANIZED as they are.

My rant:
Lets see.....wait until August to return my phone call and numerous emails. Get pissy with me when I call them back and ask to reserve my spot. Charge my credit card IMMEDIATELY but offer NO details as far as where we are, what time we can set up, confirmation number, power??, wireless internet?? etc....

The kicker....because it's now September EVERY ONE of the 5 hotels within a reasonable driving distance is FULL. Gates open at 7am from what I gather which means we will have to wake up at 4 a.m. to get to the show 1 hour before the show starts. AWESOME!!:Cry:

I'm done now.:face-icon-small-hap

I agree 100%! I experienced EVERY problem you just mentioned. They don't run a very tight ship.

Some news from the Sno Barons. Some of this may be not a surprise to you but being our first time showing it's new to me.

Parking/Entrance for Vendors is the "Sno Barons" Gate on the map.

No Electric on site.

No Internet on site.

Generators need to be attached to a ground rod.

Sled Solutions is in BOOTH SCL (left of the Club Row/Food Court) shaded in RED!

dealer-layout.jpg

Premium Features

Back