• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Happy Veterans Day

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
I served 11 years active duty ..***cough***cough*** Air Force. And now Im in the Air Guard...so, to whoever said thanks...your welcome :)

To the "prior" marines above me, I didnt know there was such a thing. I thought there were 2 kinds of people in this world, Marines, and everybody else.....you guys should know, "Once a Marine, always a Marine" My brother did his time in the Marines, and of all the places I have been, and people Ive been at war with. The Marine is who you want by your side (plus, they always called me sir :) ha ha ha)

So, anyways...

Thanks to all that serve, and their spouses.

And those that serve with a leaf on their uniform sure know how to party...

:D Your ABSOLUTELY right....funny coming from the Air Force, Ive got your back ANYTIME!!:D

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
haha....160th SOAR(A) 97-01.

Jeremy for a Marine you sure get lost as hell ALOT in the woods, lol...happy vets day fellas...

HAHA Funny you mention that....I knew so many guys in the Marines who could not navigate to save there lives....good thing I was there...but Stewart your crazy enough to be a Marine in my book....:rolleyes: LETS RIDE!!!

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
:D Your ABSOLUTELY right....funny coming from the Air Force, Ive got your back ANYTIME!!:D

Cool, can you make stewart dissapear?...he he he Just cuz im AF, doesnt mean I am totally oblivious to the other services. When I was on the ground in Mosul, I had some good experiences. I say good, because I made it out alive. Do you guys know how f-n hard it is to repair a plane in the pitch black with no lights??? But, seriously...Id go back...

and P4S...

I have been to Chuuk (Truk) myself, back in 04-05 time frame. I got to spend the night there once. What a trip!!!!

Race...I say that because of my brother-in-law, and the awesome experiences Ive had with Marines. Unlike the AF, the marines actually listened when I talked, and did what was needed. The silly AF boys, just ask questions like "why?" and complain way too much. If some of those young kids only knew how good they actually have it. Unfortunately, the new Air Force really discourages beatings:D

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
The sound of the minis make me sleep better..:beer;:beer;

Spook, that explains allot about you;)

Thanks for all the comments today, we are taking care of one of my buddy's kids right now (he has 5 girls:eek:) He is playing in the sandbox. I think he volunteered;) I have taken them all out riding before. That is one good way to get more people into the sport. Take someone out riding that doesn't have a sled...if you don't kill them or loose them out there they usually buy a sled and contribute to the cause....

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Spook, that explains allot about you;)

Thanks for all the comments today, we are taking care of one of my buddy's kids right now (he has 5 girls:eek:) He is playing in the sandbox. I think he volunteered;) I have taken them all out riding before. That is one good way to get more people into the sport. Take someone out riding that doesn't have a sled...if you don't kill them or loose them out there they usually buy a sled and contribute to the cause....

Hey man the MOG. was a wild time.. The big guns made it seem heaven sent..
I spoke to the little bird pilots about 5 days later, They could not believe we would survive that. One of them thought they were getting our way! Thought we would shoot them they were soo low. Those boys don't make enough money IMO.

It's people like you that make this a better place. I (thankfully) was single during my time in. I don't know if my head would be straight when my family is always wondering if I am OK.

Get those kids out and enjoying the snow.. My 4 year old is constantly asking to ride right now due to the snow.. I will try on my week off. She don't like the Cat it's a bit loud.

Last edited:

Speedo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Talkeetna, Alaska, USA
Didn't get on here yesterday, but a late THANK YOU to those vets everywhere. And especially to the Marines on here. I did my time in the Corps a little before most on here, spent 2 tours in Nam. Semper Fi

And my youngest son spent time in the sandbox.

Gus

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Cool, can you make stewart dissapear?...he he he Just cuz im AF, doesnt mean I am totally oblivious to the other services. When I was on the ground in Mosul, I had some good experiences. I say good, because I made it out alive. Do you guys know how f-n hard it is to repair a plane in the pitch black with no lights??? But, seriously...Id go back...

and P4S...

I have been to Chuuk (Truk) myself, back in 04-05 time frame. I got to spend the night there once. What a trip!!!!

Race...I say that because of my brother-in-law, and the awesome experiences Ive had with Marines. Unlike the AF, the marines actually listened when I talked, and did what was needed. The silly AF boys, just ask questions like "why?" and complain way too much. If some of those young kids only knew how good they actually have it. Unfortunately, the new Air Force really discourages beatings:D

Yeah, the problem is my out of shape arse has to catch his wound up a**.... :D

Yeah fixing Hummvee's in the dark isnt a picknick either especially with small arms fire coming your way (DAMN 6.5's!!! ) , talk about trying to keep your focus...i know how you feel!!:eek: But yes with the chance to go back and wack some more of those beotches.....

LAMO "new" Air force huh??? Yeah you guys lived in a 5 Star hotel compared to us, we had to work with hand me down equipment (because all of our new stuff was locked up on ships around the world just for war time) Half the crap we had an insurance company would have totaled if it was civilian LOL:D I remember Kadena Air base in Japan...i met this Air Force chick over there...they even made there beds for them i was like WTF!!!! She was able to bring her car over there too...I think it was about that time i felt screwed and not literaly LOL ..... but I will not complain when you flyboys took out our laced targets....after that, a fireworks show just doesnt cut it anymore!!!!:D

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Didn't get on here yesterday, but a late THANK YOU to those vets everywhere. And especially to the Marines on here. I did my time in the Corps a little before most on here, spent 2 tours in Nam. Semper Fi

And my youngest son spent time in the sandbox.

Gus

I envy you, any fellow Marine who did time In Vietnam.....I remember stories my uncle told me when he was a Hewy Mech in the Army, he told me about the Marines and the amazing missions you all pulled off over there....those stories kept me motivated in Iraq. And I HATE the Jungle!!!! Semper FI brother!!!!:beer;

Premium Features