• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gear Bag?

Lt Rascal

Lifetime Membership
What kind of gear bag are people useing for their sled gear?
I want to be able to put my Helmet, Boots, Coat, Bibs, Gloves, Goggles, Misc. stuff in it.

I am thinking about a 9800 OGIO. But looking for opinions an all makes and models.

Thanks, Lt Rascal

Last edited:
I just picked up a Skidoo tunnel pack. Expandable with loads of room Enough that I was able to get the pack off my back, nice! fastens very securely on the tunnel. The zippers look a bit flimsy but time will tell how they hold up. I've noticed it's not completely waterproof either and have to open it up to dry stuff out upon getting home. Gonna try some canvas waterproofer spray to see if that helps. I've heard good things about the Snobunje tunnel bags.

What kind of gear bag are people useing for their sled gear?

I am thinking about a 9800 OGIO. But looking for opinions an all makes and models.

Thanks, Lt Rascal

We sell the EVS Sports bag and it's HUGE. Tons of pockets, changing mat that folds out, wheels, very durable.

$135 in stock!

Last edited:
I bought 2 OGIO 9800 bags(form Polaris) for my wife and I for xmas this year and I think that they work great for us. We get all our gear in ours. Besides all the regular gear that I have I also get my Tek Vest and shin gaurds, HMK boots, beacon and mybe even my backpack. They are tough bags if you need to use them on the airlines. Thease bags are not cheap but the last bags we had where form the early '80's and I felt we got our moneys worth!

Good Luck shopping!

I have had this one for several years, sepewrate areas for boots, helmet and tons of gear.

I have seen those. But is the middle big enough for a coat and bibs? With out haveing to vacuum pack them to get them in.

i rock the OGIO 9800 mx bag
its friggen awesome
super durable, tonns of room and fits everything including my backpack, fully loaded

highly reccomend it

I'm a cheepskate I bought a Bauer hocky gear bag for $19. It has lasted me 6-7 years with 25+ rides ayear! still looks new.

next I'm trying a big plastic tote with a tight lid.

spomey

We use the Ogio 9800....plenty of room for everything but the backpack. Plus, extendable handle and good quality wheels.

I bought a hockey bag for 10 bucks.....durable, cheap, and works great. Plus you can pack all your stuff you ever want in there and a small car. A goalie bag may be better. Then i bring a rubbermaid filled with backup parts, oil, etc. Works great.

action packer plastic box.
Water proof -for the back of the truck
Stands up - so its easy to see everything thats in there
ton's of room - come in all sizes
you can stand on the lid getting dressed
Spray it out/off
almost crush proof
cheep
tough
Fill it with snow and beer = PARTY !:D

Get a 40" CCM hockey bag...picked one up off ebay for like 50.00 brand new. I can put EVERYTHING in there for a week long trip. Boots, helmet, bibs, gloves, goggles, clothes, backpack, anything else...basically...EVERYTHING.

I use the Ogio 9800. This bag rocks! I will never have a "gear storage system" w/o wheels again. My back, neck, shoulders are so much happier now! ;)

I can carry two sets of gear ie boots, pants, coats, (but only one helmet) in my bag.

It has numerous pockets to store extra gloves, balaclavas, shirts, pants, etc in.

If I pack it just right, with one set of gear, I can also fit my back pack in it.

I have yet to find a single con to this bag......... :D

I use the big fly bag with hard bottom and wheels this works great.It also has three compartments for boots,helmet and coat and bibs and plenty of room for cloths on top if your going to travel.Plus lots of storage in the top.I like it better than the ogio bad I had.

yeah my hockey bag hold EVERYTHING and then some, without packing too tight.
be careful of getting too big of a bag, you have to fit two or more at times say in the back seat of a truck.

I have seen those. But is the middle big enough for a coat and bibs? With out haveing to vacuum pack them to get them in.

my brother and a couple others in our group have the klim bags and there is plenty of room. i think my brother said he carrys two coats and two pairs of snow pants in it just in case, plus the boot and helmet compartments on the ends and i think they might have a few little pockets in them to. i would probably also have the klim bag but i got an arctic cat bag for christmas a few years back, which is an ok pack room wise but it only has the three main compartments and no little pockets for goggles and such which i think is a drawback.

yeah my hockey bag hold EVERYTHING and then some, without packing too tight.
be careful of getting too big of a bag, you have to fit two or more at times say in the back seat of a truck.

Not too big eh? Spomey's bag can fit a body...He actually con'ed the sales lady to climb in the bag and see. He zipped up the bag and started to carry her out of the store...

snicker...

Premium Features

Back