• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FrozenMOTO Spy Photos!!!!!!

B
Oct 20, 2010
Squamish, BC
The kit looks very nicely put together and you exhibit out of the box thinking however, I think in anything over a couple inches of powder this thing will be a non turnable trenching device and here's why:
-the combination of a thin track and small amount of track on the snow runs counter to having lots of flotation. Without flotation you are sunk, literally. Ask yourself why mountain sled have long tracks.
-the weight distribution looks very spread out. The distance between the ski and the track might make this turn as nimble as a supertanker. Ski pressure and track pressure work together to make a good handling machine. It just looks all wrong to be that far apart.
On an east coast hard pack trail this bike might be a bit of fun but when the going gets steep and deep I would be shocked if your project is successful although I hope it is for your sake after spending five years on it.
Forget about wasting time and money with the patenting process as whomever has the most money will will that fight and put it into better design instead.
You are obviously clever in your thinking to come up with this concept but work more on a design centered around deep snow performance and you`ll come up successful. The current design is too one dimensional - trails only.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
The kit looks very nicely put together and you exhibit out of the box thinking however, I think in anything over a couple inches of powder this thing will be a non turnable trenching device and here's why:
-the combination of a thin track and small amount of track on the snow runs counter to having lots of flotation. Without flotation you are sunk, literally. Ask yourself why mountain sled have long tracks.
-the weight distribution looks very spread out. The distance between the ski and the track might make this turn as nimble as a supertanker. Ski pressure and track pressure work together to make a good handling machine. It just looks all wrong to be that far apart.
On an east coast hard pack trail this bike might be a bit of fun but when the going gets steep and deep I would be shocked if your project is successful although I hope it is for your sake after spending five years on it.
Forget about wasting time and money with the patenting process as whomever has the most money will will that fight and put it into better design instead.
You are obviously clever in your thinking to come up with this concept but work more on a design centered around deep snow performance and you`ll come up successful. The current design is too one dimensional - trails only.

Im sorry you feel that way.

This kit was actually designed for deep snow mountian riding as well as working on the trail. What you cant see in the picture is how the track approach angle can be adjusted to provide better flotation. We have just as much or more track for flotation than any other kit on the market. You seem to have a very negative outlook on our design as a whole, any reason. The kit works great and this year we will REALLY put it to the test in the steep and the deep as well as jumping and cornering.

I do understand what you are talking about the wheel base so to speak but in the snow its a whole different world. Our kit actually turns very well.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
Come on, you cant possible think you can accurately know how his kit is going to do by looking at a picture on your monitor.... Give the guy a brake and try it out first!

Keep up the good work!

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Mountainsleds have long tracks for improved floation because they weigh twice what this combination weighs.
You say the weight distribution looks spread out. Wouldn't this help with flotation?
Its shorter than a sled so why would it turn like a supertanker?
You joined Snowest just so you could flame someone's design?
I owned a 2Moto and would really like to ride a bike with this setup.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Mountainsleds have long tracks for improved floation because they weigh twice what this combination weighs.
You say the weight distribution looks spread out. Wouldn't this help with flotation?
Its shorter than a sled so why would it turn like a supertanker?
You joined Snowest just so you could flame someone's design?
I owned a 2Moto and would really like to ride a bike with this setup.

Thanks and you will probably get a chance this winter, we, meaning me and my new business partner are currently building seven kits for this winter. These will be are demo, pre production units.

Im really looking forward to getting everyone out on kits this year. We have made some drastic changes yet the overall design has remained the same. Its going to be a great year!

T

turbo99

Mar 16, 2008
tacoma,wa
Thanks and you will probably get a chance this winter, we, meaning me and my new business partner are currently building seven kits for this winter. These will be are demo, pre production units.

Im really looking forward to getting everyone out on kits this year. We have made some drastic changes yet the overall design has remained the same. Its going to be a great year!

do you have a video yet? i think you said you were going to post one

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
do you have a video yet? i think you said you were going to post one

Unfortunately no, It was really bad video shot with a digital camera, I thought I could enhance it but I could not.

I have since partnered with Dan Shanahan. What this means is we are both going to work on keeping deadlines and getting these kits to the market as well as setting up some demo rides. Last year it was only me and I just didn't have enough time to get everything going. With Dan helping I really think we can make this sport blow up. He is very excited and dedicated to making this sport grow and we are happy to have him.

As of know the kits are going well. We are shooting for seven before winter gets here. And this year we are going to get some killer videos and photos as we have partnered up with some professionals. It going to be a major year in the snowbike industry I have a feeling.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa

Really??a bit negitive aren't you??
Glad to see you got it together Randy. The kit looks good and should certainly fill a gap in the marketplace..Good luck and hopefully we will see you at a show this year..

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
FM, with 7 kits on the snow this year is it just going to be a demo year, then next year sell to the public? Just wondering when you will actually be offering kits to the general public.

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
Really??a bit negitive aren't you??
Glad to see you got it together Randy. The kit looks good and should certainly fill a gap in the marketplace..Good luck and hopefully we will see you at a show this year..

We welcome additional manufacturers to market place, there is plenty of room and innovation will result from more competition. However, I am just curious what "gap" you see this kit filling in the market? As far as I can tell, this kit is aimed at the same identical customer as the Timbersled Mountain Horse.

posted by Dave @ Timbersled

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
FM, with 7 kits on the snow this year is it just going to be a demo year, then next year sell to the public? Just wondering when you will actually be offering kits to the general public.

Yes a this should be a full on demo and testing year with kits available for snow check this spring. I know it sucks to wait but these kits are going to be worth it. We are working on a very reliable and advanced product and want our customers to think the same so some quality testing and tweaking is a must.

We are really excited about this year and getting our product to the market!

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
The kit looks good and should certainly fill a gap in the marketplace..Good luck and hopefully we will see you at a show this year..

The marketplace has to a large part been created by an existing gap filler...i just want to raise that thought...not to raise an arguement...kudo;s to the new kid on the block...well soon to be on the block...its your thread and an interesting one..

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Yes a this should be a full on demo and testing year with kits available for snow check this spring. I know it sucks to wait but these kits are going to be worth it. We are working on a very reliable and advanced product and want our customers to think the same so some quality testing and tweaking is a must.

We are really excited about this year and getting our product to the market!

FM, I think thats great you are taking the R&D time on the snow with kits to feel confident in your product. Where do you plan on having demos this winter? i would like to get on one and may have a friend or two that would as well. Would be really cool to get to try yours then a timbersled to see how they feel for someone with no snowbike experience at all.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
FM, I think thats great you are taking the R&D time on the snow with kits to feel confident in your product. Where do you plan on having demos this winter? i would like to get on one and may have a friend or two that would as well. Would be really cool to get to try yours then a timbersled to see how they feel for someone with no snowbike experience at all.

I'm not 100% sure on location and times. Really depends on the snow and what not. I will get a phone number from my partner for business call this week and post it if you are interested. Since he is the marketing manager he will be more likely to know. Also we are working on a website(waiting for the final templates) and it will be updated very regularly.

Thanks for your interest!

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
Ok so I talked with Dan and he said to give you guys his cell number which is 208-890-3513.

Also I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on the official www.Frozenmoto.com website. It is really coming along nicely and I think you all will enjoy it. You can expect it shortly after we get the first couple of kits finished which should be in the next 6 to 8 weeks.

If you have any questions just let me or Dan know.

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
What is your opinion of using this kit on a 300cc 2 stroke? I know Allen says that you need the torque of a big heavy 4 stroke however I can build a 300cc ktm 2 smoker that goes over 60 hp at sea level. That is on par with the factory 450 race bikes. Plus the bike weighs 25 lbs less, is quieter, and I can rebuild it myself. There is a large resurgance toward the smokers right now in the offroad world, It would be good for your business if you developed a set-up that worked well with a 300. My 2 cents. I would love to demo one of these this winter as well.

F

FrozenMOTO

Jul 21, 2010
Moscow, Idaho
What is your opinion of using this kit on a 300cc 2 stroke? I know Allen says that you need the torque of a big heavy 4 stroke however I can build a 300cc ktm 2 smoker that goes over 60 hp at sea level. That is on par with the factory 450 race bikes. Plus the bike weighs 25 lbs less, is quieter, and I can rebuild it myself. There is a large resurgance toward the smokers right now in the offroad world, It would be good for your business if you developed a set-up that worked well with a 300. My 2 cents. I would love to demo one of these this winter as well.

Ok so here is my opinion on it. First of all you will at least need a 250 two stroke to run very well on these kits. Second Allen may be right for his kit, but we run an entirely different setup. Our kit is designed to lose minimal power through the system. This is accomplished in a variety of ways. First we have two very short chains running from the bike to the jackshaft and then the jackshaft to the drive hub, yep that's right, one large hub spins the track. The track system itself is designed using a parallelogram design so that the track NEVER comes under tension or gets slack as the system moves up and down. We also use some of the largest drivers and idlers so the track roll tension is minimized. This is were ALL normal snowmobile track systems lose alot of their power.

The only limitation I can foresee with a 2stroke is in the clutch. A four stroke builds alot more torque than a 2stroke, thus from the factory they build larger clutches with more plates. With all the extra load and traction in good snow you make experience clutch slip during climbing. This probably wouldn't happen on a 250 or higher but is possible. As far as engines holding up no body has ever convinced me these kits are very hard on anything. If you ride one around you will see that unlike a sled with alot of friction and load in the system these kits roll pretty easy especially when broken in.

So take that for what its worth and I look forward to you at least demo riding one of our kits this year!

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I like what I am hearing. I would be running the 300sxs kit from KTM hardparts w/ headmod ,taperbore carb w/ dial-a-jet, and an sx ignition on an 08 250 lower end. The clutches are very good on these bikes however I would run a core EXP by REKLUSE. If I can do this with my primary bike and not have to buy a four stroke I am $$$$ ahead and the kit starts to make a lot more sense. You should put a link to your idea on KTMTALK, lots of good people on there that buy a lot of products.

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
chumbilly, there is a few guys that run 300exc with the mountain horse kit and they say they do better than the big bore strokers like the 570s "ausm" might have more input but I know I would have bought a 300 if I could have found one in my area for sale.

Premium Features