• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fraser River B.C WOW!!!

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
i Kilo = 2.2 pounds.

The Fraser is famous for being the greatest Salmon run in the world.
Actually I have wanted to go and see this for quite some time. They say the first week of September is when it peaks/.

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
Fishing's good everywhere.

Capilano River, right under the Lions Gate Bridge, is pretty good. 28 lb springs, 5 minutes from Downtown Vancouver.
Well, it was good until 30+ Orcas moved in about two weeks ago. They came right into the harbour, and stuck around for a day or two.
You could see them from the shore, dorsal fins sticking straight up, not bent over like the Seaworld Orcas.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
i Kilo = 2.2 pounds.

Actually I have wanted to go and see this for quite some time. They say the first week of September is when it peaks/.

depends which species you are looking for, right now it's mostly sockeye in the river, the big guys are springs (chinooks) but their peak is in early to mid august. Still the fraser doesn't get near as many salmon as the skeena, the record chinook in the skeena was just under 100lbs

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i Kilo = 2.2 pounds.

it doesn't have the runs it once did to bad,it is nothing compared to the skeena nass or kitimat rivers of northern b.c for big sping salmon.
IMG_1528.jpg

Premium Features